Category Manager, Lifestyle Brands + Promotions
We are seeking a passionate, hyper-analytic, style-savvy, and results-driven individual to join our buying group as a Category Manager on the below teams:
In this role, you will collaborate closely with external supplier partners and internal cross-functional teams (including category management, brand/creative, marketing, pricing and inventory planning) to execute your strategy and build your business.
To be successful, you must be a self-starter with an analytical mind, a passion for product and a creative eye. You will work on a fast paced team and see real-time, material impact on the business. You must have an interest in innovating to solve business problems creatively and a willingness to hit the ground running. You will have the opportunity to travel to industry trade shows in hot spots like Las Vegas and High Point, North Carolina where you will strengthen relationships with your core suppliers and negotiate new partnerships.
This is a perfect role for someone looking for management experience in e-commerce with a creative angle; you’ll also gain experience in negotiations, marketing, merchandising, data analytics, financial analysis, supply chain planning and beyond. This role also involves managing, developing and motivating a team to execute on the category growth strategy
- Develop & drive a business strategy that has material impact on growth of your category.
- Innovate on promotional concepts, creative design, and messaging.
- Build and maintain relationships with key suppliers-partner with them to develop a promotional strategy that creates lift across their business and ours.
- Collaborate productively with cross functional partners (Category Management, Creative Marketing, Operations, and Pricing) to drive action and realize goals.
- Apply analytical rigor to identify success drivers and areas of opportunity.
- Train, mentor, and develop junior buyers in producing effective promotional events.
- Build & maintain industry expertise; keep abreast of trends and new product ideas.
- Analyze competitor performance, marketing, and pricing.
Preferred Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field.
- 6+ years of Retail Merchandising / Buying / Product Marketing experience; minimum 2 years management experience.
- Track record of taking on big challenges and delivering despite obstacles and limited resources managing through change and ambiguity.
- Articulate, persuasive communicator with well-developed collaborative instincts and skills.
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems with an affinity for data.
- Experiencing managing a team of junior resources towards a common goal.
- Process oriented, with a tireless focus on quality of output and throughput.
- True team player - positive, people-oriented, enthusiastic attitude.
- Interest in home décor, home furnishings, or design; possess an "eye for style."
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.Tag: CMGMT