Head of Strategic Planning & Communication - Sales & Operations
At Wayfair, the Sales & Operations team comprises a 6,000 person organization across North America and Europe and sits at the center of impact and innovation handling everything from our specialized sales functions to our global fulfillment network, from forecasting to delivering unparalleled customer care in our 2,000 person service operation. As the team grows larger and the strategic agenda becomes materially more ambitious, we have identified that having a centralized Strategic Ops Planning function with a unified leader would add significant value to the leadership team and advancement of the overall agenda. We are looking for a leader to work directly with the COO and his leadership team to drive forward the Operations agenda. This is a new role so you would have a large hand in defining the overall remit, but the opportunity includes:
- Strategic Planning & Goal Setting: Working with the Sales & Operations, Product Management and Engineering leaders to facilitate quarterly and annual strategic planning and goals setting for the Sales & Operations team.
- Communication & Alignment: Support the leadership team to develop an overall communication strategy and plan for the Sales & Operations function which will drive granular clarity and alignment of the overall mission across all levels and functions within the company. Work across the leadership team to help define and implement communication strategy – “town hall” all-hand meetings, Director alignment sessions, quarterly strategic progress reporting, board presentations, etc.
- Organizational Development & Work Assignment: Work with key leaders to identify gaps and/or overlap in key workstreams and develop organizational solutions (staffing, reassignment, work consolidation, etc) to better attack these critical projects. Work with VP team to develop long-term headcount plans to support entire global agenda
- Liaison for Emerging Company Initiatives: Coordinate with other parts of the company to ensure new company initiatives are well understood in Operations and well supported; design new teams to attack new work streams
- General Engagement: Keeping the pulse of the organization and working with leadership team and HR business partner to ensure people are excited and engaged in the strategic agenda in Operations
This role will provide significant exposure to the most senior leaders in the company, run the COO senior staff meetings and facilitate the strategic agenda we are driving. The right person will have excellent communication and collaboration skills, strong analytical skills, and the senior presence to hold their own with the Ops senior leadership team.
- 5+ years of experience in top tier consulting firm
- MBA (or equivalent) from leading university
- Strong analytical skills – able to dive into large data sets, create insights that drive action
- A high level of flexibility and adaptability
- Savvy, quick thinking and comfortable in a dynamic, fast-moving environment
- Articulate, persuasive communicator with demonstrated ability to influence and coach others
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- DwellStudio, unexpected modern design for everyday life
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.6 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,700 people.Tag: SCL