Supplier Operations Specialist
We are looking to hire a talented, driven and entrepreneurial Supplier Operations Specialist to join our Operations team. We work on the front line with our suppliers, converting ‘on-ground’ insights into actionable strategies to improve the Wayfair customer experience. With thousands of unique products shipping every week and an ambitious growth plan, this is a great opportunity to make a significant difference to our business! The team is critical to driving customer satisfaction and operational excellence. This specialist division works cross functionally with a broad range of Wayfair business units in a rapidly growing and creative environment.
As a member of the European Supplier Performance group, your primary responsibility will be to engage with suppliers to improve their fulfillment processes, support operational change requirements, resolve supplier issues and promote a positive Wayfair experience for all stakeholders. In particular, we are looking for someone based in the UK with the flexibility to travel and conduct onsite supplier visits. This position is designed to better understand the operational barriers suppliers are facing and offer creative and pragmatic solutions.
The Supplier Operations Specialist will be in a unique position to liaison with the Berlin-based team, other departments in London and Berlin as well as our suppliers. You will be required to quickly understand and assess complex situations, work with stakeholders to develop great solutions and communicate and report results to all stakeholders of all levels, from CEO to warehouse staff. Your career background could be anything where analytics meet fast paced operations: warehousing, logistics, supply chain, retail operations, eCommerce and/or management consulting.
- Training and learning job specific information in the Berlin office - approximately 3 months onboarding
- Conducting supplier site visits to advise suppliers on operational procedures primarily in the UK
- Communicating and reporting on progress and obstacles with all relevant stakeholders
- Analyzing data to identify trends and root causes of problems
- Negotiating operational improvements with our suppliers to increase profitability and customer satisfaction
- Supporting our suppliers through improvement processes (order, inventory, warehouse etc.)
- Working strategically with suppliers to develop long-term roadmaps
- Contributing to the development of tools and processes that make our team and suppliers more efficient and effective
- Working cross functionally with groups company-wide, including Category Management, Account Operations, Logistics and Buying
- Building and maintaining industry expertise in the areas of logistics, e-commerce, supply chain
- Bachelor degree with significant working experience in relevant professional field
- Fluency in English with additional language skills advantageous
- Strong communicator with the proven confidence and ability to negotiate with suppliers
- Analytical & data driven with the demonstrated ability to analyze data sets and recommend business outcomes
- Strong problem solving skills and a track record of developing solutions in complex process driven environments
- Proficient in use of MS Office programs and including Excel to an advanced level
- Enthusiastic, quick learner with proven ability to rapidly get up to speed with job knowledge
- Ability to multi task and manage multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to work well both independently and in a cross functional team environment
And finally, our proposition to you!
- A competitive salary and bonus with a range of additional benefits
- A company culture driven by pioneer-thinking and talent that crosses departments and hierarchies
- Great mentors and career development opportunities through our learn@work program
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- Of course, fresh fruits, snacks & drinks every day
- Let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in e-commerce!