Senior Manager, Operations Strategy & Analytics
The Small Parcel Logistics team is looking to add a Senior Manager to the Operations Analytics Team. This person will drive our speed initiative by partnering with our CastleGate warehouses and external carriers to ship fast and reliably.
The Small Parcel logistics team focuses on improving the speed and fulfillment for small parcel deliveries. We partner closely with both internal and external groups to execute initiatives. We are part of Wayfair’s Logistics organization, which develops and manages the execution of the operational strategy for all Wayfair geographies (US, Europe, & Canada) and brands (Wayfair, AllModern, Joss & Main, Birch Lane, Perigold, and Castlegate Fulfillment).
- Collaborate with Wayfair warehousing teams and external carrier partners to design, develop, & implement strategies for optimizing outbound shipping and reducing transit time.
- Work with cross-functional teams to optimize processes that support our strategic initiative roadmap and help to build capabilities that support an effortless customer experience.
- Partner with Engineering to design workflows and technical enhancements designed to improve efficiency, time to resolution and reduce error in current processes.
- Develop fact-based, data-driven measurements of business performance to report to executive leadership.
- Analyze and improve existing business processes, presenting data-driven recommendations to executive leadership.
- Work cross-functionally to prioritize competing interests and focus project plans on the highest impact activities.
- MBA or Masters from top tier school strongly desired.
- At least 5+ years of experience in an analytical or consulting role, preferably with supply chain or logistics experience including demonstrating project management and driving results in process improvement capacity, management consulting, or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience managing small teams to successfully complete analytics-based projects
- Strong analytical background operating with large data sets to identify trends and actionable insights.
- Proficiency in Excel & SQL required, or other data processing and analytics tools preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to work with stakeholders and cross-functional teams across all aspects of the project lifecycle
- Positive, people-oriented, and energized by working in a high-performance, fast-paced industry
About Wayfair Inc.:
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.Tag: ANLT-OA