Site Merchandising Specialist
Site Merchandising Specialist
When you shop online, can you instantly tell a good site from a bad one? Can you identify what would make the shopping experience easier and smoother at Wayfair? If you can use customer data, creativity and attention to detail to figure out how to make a great ecommerce site even better, then we want to talk to you.
Wayfair is looking for a Site Merchandising Specialist to help deliver a best-in-class ecommerce shopping experience. In this role you will own a specific area of our huge product catalog and be responsible for its success on the site, using a combination of category management, digital strategy and consumer analytics. You’ll become the subject matter expert in the merchandise that we sell and how our customers shop for it. You’ll constantly be evaluating and optimizing the shopping experience at Wayfair. You will be a crucial cross-functional partner to multiple teams across the organization, working together to develop and implement strategic improvements.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Serve as the department go-to person on merchandising and performance in a given area of our product catalog.
- Seek out, define and effectively drive larger scale, complicated projects independently.
- Build relationships with cross-functional teams and work effectively with them to drive cross functional initiatives.
- Raise difficult issues to ensure that they are addressed in a timely manner and effectively manage multiple stakeholders.
- Challenge the status quo and always on the lookout for ways to streamline and improve the efficiency of existing processes.
- Track the results of past actions, report out effectively and make decisions based on learning and data.
- Analyze site metrics and related data to identify opportunities to improve conversion rate and drive revenue growth across assigned product categories.
- Research trends, opportunities and competitors to discover new ways to improve customer experience within assigned product categories.
- Mentor associates on the team and guide them towards career success.
Skills & Requirements:
- Proven success in an e-commerce or related (consulting/finance/retail) position
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize projects and multitask to get things done
- Proactive and eager to constantly seek out opportunities to make an impact
- Demonstrated skill with technical tools & processes through website management, digital marketing and advanced data analysis
- Analytical and process-oriented, comfortable learning new data analysis tools
- Comfortable navigating structured and unstructured data; familiarity with SQL a plus.
- Highly detail oriented; unafraid of complexity
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and comfortable managing multiple stakeholders
- Able to coordinate global, cross-functional projects, providing clear & constructive feedback to other teams and levels
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Passionate about the customer with an interest in understanding and driving user behavior
- BA/BS with strong academic record
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Tag: