Senior Business Planning Analyst
Wayfair is looking for a driven, motivated Business Planning Specialist to help manage everything related to revenue and advertising forecasting and planning. This team member will partner with the marketing teams to understand their strategy, dissect trends in the customer base, and translate those into a financial model for revenue and advertising spend to help set expectations for the business. The Specialist will also monitor customer behavior against plan and become a go-to person to articulate the “story” behind the drivers of performance.
Sample day-to-day questions for this role include
- What drove increased revenue QoQ
- Did we have more customers purchasing higher order values
- Based on current customer behavior, what do the next 12 months of revenue performance look like what are the risks and opportunities behind that outlook
- What is the projected 12 month return on advertising spend from last month If marketing wanted to increase spending, which channel is the most efficient means of doing so
Acting as a bridge between Marketing and FPA, this is a highly visible role which will give you exposure to the marketing and finance leadership team. Given the nature of this role, a qualified candidate must have strong quantitative and communicative skills. With Wayfair being a disruptive player in the online home-goods space, you must think critically to tackle complex challenges, thrive in a fast-paced environment and embrace a high-growth opportunity where you will have an immediate impact on day one.
- Drive modeling for annual revenue and advertising spend planning process, quarterly forecast updates, and business reviews across various ecommerce brands totaling 3B in annual revenue
- Collaborate with marketing and finance teams to inform corporate senior management and the Board of Directors regarding the company’s revenue performance, business trends and advertising spend return on investment
- Monitor weekly revenue and advertising spend performance and provide insights to marketing leadership
- Ability to ‘tell the story’ and drive insightful analytics and financial reviews
- Actively communicate across multiple (and cross-functional) teams to ensure successful end to end understanding of portfolios, processes, and planning
- Analytical and conceptual thinking with the business that extends beyond the numbers into strategy
- Comfortable interacting with senior leadership
- Minimum BABS with strong academic record, ideally in Economics, a quantitative Social Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics etc.
- At least 4 years of experience in a quantitative role
- Experience with Excel (pivot tables etc.) and SQL • Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- Excellent business acumen in understanding impacts of decisions
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Tag: FINS