The Lifestyle Brands’ Creative Team is seeking a quick-thinking, visual storyteller to serve as our Image Specialist, with previous experience in photo editing and experience as a photographer/stylist. Our ideal candidate is passionate about style, technology, and visual merchandising for eCommerce; and has a knack for finding and incorporating trends and data into their work.
This role will be hands-on in partnering with our design, photo studio, and merchandising teams to help manage, analyze, and select imagery that engages our core customers best.
You see yourself as a creative (and a creative problem-solver). You should be able to independently develop image review processes and workflows, and manage image files using a digital asset library.
Curiosity (and flexibility) is key; we live on data and respond quickly once we have it. We move fast but value quality.
- Perform regular analysis of lifestyle imagery; share trends, learnings, and recommendations with creative, studio, buying, and merchandising teams.
- As the go-to image expert on creative, support initiatives and teams by sourcing top-notch images that engage customers, drive revenue, and reflect each brands’ aesthetic.
- Identify gaps in our current image libraries and work with studio and stakeholders to help coordinate new shoots; forecast image needs ahead of seasonal campaigns.
- Identify opportunities for improved digital marketing across channels using imagery analysis and learnings, competitive intelligence; propose new approaches and concepts while gathering stakeholder input.
- Help establish improved imagery workflows and file management processes, to drive forward creative efficacy and improved visibility/collaboration. Manage your production schedule.
- Be the Creative Teams’ point-of-contact for our digital image library.
- Provide detailed edits / feedback on imagery to production artists and studio teams (lighting, styling, focal point etc).
- Be a team player, willing to collaborate closely with other designers and pitch in on other projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree (in graphic design or related field)
- Minimum of 3-5 years hands-on professional experience (full-time) working as a photo editor or image stylist in a related digital marketing design/e-commerce field.
- Professional-Level knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud programs (with an emphasis on Photoshop)
- Applicants with experience using a digital asset library (OpenText or similar application) and/or have worked in the Interior Design, Home Furnishings, or Home Decor industry will be preferred.
Your work will be seen by millions and contribute heavily to the visual evolution of our brands.To be considered you must have an online portfolio that demonstrates you are ready to jump in and help drive our brands forward.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Tag: CUE