Manager, Network & Transportation Design
Do you enjoy using big data to draw conclusions and define strategies? If yes, the Supply Chain Analytics team at Wayfair is looking to add a manager to their team! This person will apply quantitative skills to answer high-level business and global strategy questions that support operational initiatives.
Who we are: Supply Chain Analytics is an internal consulting team within global operations that seeks to make the supply chain both run more efficiently and define the strategic vision using quantitative analysis and modeling. The Supply Chain Analytics group serves as the go-to source for the analytics needs for the growing Wayfair Operations team: from network and transportation design to carrier strategy to warehouse capacity and inventory planning.
What you will do:
- Partner with various business stakeholders to identify key factors and requirements for each project, and get buy-in for project methodology
- Scope high-level business problems into more specific questions which can then be answered by data-driven analysis
- Contribute to big data analysis using SQL, R, Python and other software applications
- Present data with a clear point of view so that insights can be used to help drive business strategy
- Continually developing supply chain optimization models using innovative techniques and concepts which will continually identify the ideal routing while elevating, expediting and inspiring the team’s work
- Designing a hub and spoke network from supplier to customer which will save the organization millions in transportation costs annually
- Testing custom logistics solutions such as interleaving stops at suppliers and customers on line haul routes as well as evaluating the impact of adding a new consolidation point
- Building a nationwide carrier portfolio optimization model to determine the most efficient and profitable distribution of Wayfair volume. This model drives selection of the best overall damage, cost and transit time trade-offs for over 10 million shipments a year.
- Analyzing the optimal way to handle cross border shipments into Canada and design the European network keeping in mind supplier sourcing, demand growth, and multi-country transportation and regulations.
Who you are:
- You have 3+ years of experience in a quantitative analysis or consulting role
- You have a higher degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research or Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or other concentrations with heavy quantitative focus strongly preferred
- You think creatively
- You possess an affinity for data and resourcefulness in obtaining data when clean and or complete information is not available
- Possess strong written and verbal cross-functional communication skills
- Positive, people-oriented, and enthusiastic
- Not afraid to present business cases to senior leadership
- Exposure to advanced analytics & database/manipulation tools: SQL, Python, R, Excel