Senior Operations Research Analyst
Wayfair is looking for a (Senior) Operations Research Analyst to take on complex optimization projects with immediate impact on our operations. We seek an individual who can think through creative strategies to develop and execute solutions to keep Wayfair efficient as we scale.
The successful candidate will work with our team of operations research analysts and engineers to tackle large-scale and real-time optimization problems in our supply chain and beyond, including:
- Network design
- Inventory management
- Warehouse operations
- Call center scheduling
We are looking for an individual capable of thinking outside of the box about operational challenges, who wants to try new approaches and challenge traditional models – all while focusing on bringing a best-in-class experience to our global customers.
- Developing production software tools
- Working cross-functionally with business stakeholders to determine requirements
- Coordinating with other engineering teams
Furthermore, we anticipate this individual will think strategically to identify new areas for future improvements in Wayfair’s operations.
We seek an individual with the following:
- Ph.D or M.S. in Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
- Strong knowledge of linear programming and mixed-integer programming
- Ability to tailor communications to level and background of the audience
- Experience implementing models with AMPL, R, Matlab, or similar
- Experience using Python, C++, Java, or similar
- Familiarity with data analysis
Bonus Points for:
- Professional experience in Operations Research or a similar role
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience working with large real-world data sets
- The ability to define and structure an approach to loosely-defined problems
- Supply chain experience
- Software development experience
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Tag: ANLT-OA