Manager, Global Supply Chain - Process Improvement
Wayfair is seeking bright, entrepreneurial leaders to help us drive the initiatives that will propel Wayfair from $6B to $15B and beyond. The successful candidate will bring a mix of analytical and problem solving skills, as well as strong communication skills to succeed in our highly collaborative and cross functional team environment.
If you’re passionate about Supply Chain and Continuous Improvement, love working in a very dynamic and entrepreneurial environment and have the ability to create, improve and sustain best practices and tools, this is a unique opportunity for you.
Who we are: We are the Global Supply Chain Planning team and we work with cross functional teams across Wayfair. We help them make informed decisions on a day to day basis and create visibility for warehouses, distribution, freight management, carrier management, pricing, In stock, Castlegate and many more.
Who you are:
Reporting to the General Manager of Global Supply Chain, the Manager, Process Transformation will:
- Partner with various business stakeholders to identify key factors and requirements for each project, and get buy-in for project methodology
- Collaborate to create and implement initiatives that will allow us to more accurately forecast the flows of thousands of items by improving existing tools or implementing new methodologies through analytics
- Collaborate with other departments to develop the S&OP plan and integrate S&OP with business systems and processes, such as Warehouse Operations, Sales operations, International Supply Chain, Supplier Performance, Inventory Planning & Account Management, and Engineering teams
- Provide strong analytical acumen and quantitative results
- Be flexible to perform other responsibilities and duties as they come up and apply out-of-box solutions to the challenges at hand
- Be creative to envision the end-to-end complex business state by connecting various pieces together
- Demonstrate strong motivation and drive to improve and develop the existing processes to the next level
- Be willing and ready to acquire new skills and knowledge to develop both professionally and personally
- Be a strong team player and work hard towards reaching team goals
- Minimal travel required (<15%).
Profiles that may be especially well-suited for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical discipline such as: Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Economics, Business or Finance.
- Masters or MBA from top tier school desired with minimum 2 years management consulting experience.
- 2 + years management experience
- Strong analytical background operating with large data sets to identify trends and actionable takeaways.
- Proficiency in Excel & SQL required, or other data processing and analytics tools preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, collaborating with cross-functional team.
- Entrepreneurial spirit or prior experience in a high performance, fast-paced industry.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.Tag: SCL