Senior Manager, Business Analytics
Wayfair is seeking bright, entrepreneurial leaders to help us drive the initiatives that will propel Wayfair from $6B to $15B and beyond. The successful candidate will bring a mix of analytical and problem solving skills, as well as strong communication skills to succeed in our highly collaborative and cross functional team environment.
If you’re passionate about Supply Chain and Continuous Improvement, love working in a very dynamic and entrepreneurial environment and can create, improve and sustain best practices and tools, this is a unique opportunity for you.
Who we are:
The Senior Manager, Business Analytics position reports to the General Manager of the Global Supply Chain team which is comprised of six sub teams: Large Parcel, Small Parcel, Business Analytics, Capacity Planning, Europe Supply Chain & Demand Collaboration. We work with cross functional teams across Wayfair to help make informed decisions on a day to day basis and create visibility for warehouses, distribution, freight management, carrier management, pricing, In stock, Castlegate and many more.
What will you do:
- Business analytics is a critical function for the Global Supply Chain Planning Team where they spearhead the key business objectives with the help of analytics
- Partner with various business stakeholders including S&OP, Castlegate, Middle Mile, Last Mile, Stocking, Product Availability to identify key factors and requirements for each project, and get buy-in for project methodology
- Scope high-level business problems into more specific questions which can then be answered by data-driven analysis
- Contribute to big data analysis using SQL, R, Python and other software applications
- Present data with a clear point of view so that insights can be used to help drive business strategy
Profiles that may be especially well-suited for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical discipline such as: Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Economics, Supply Chain, Business or Finance.
- Masters or MBA from top tier school desired with minimum 2 years management consulting experience.
- 4 + years management experience
- Strong analytical background operating with large data sets to identify trends and actionable takeaways.
- Previous experience executing on projects and presenting business cases to senior leadership
- Experience working within large datasets and passionate about solving complex business problems
- Possess strong written and verbal cross-functional communication skills
- Positive, people-oriented, and enthusiastic
- Technical experience using SQL, R, Python, or other languages
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.Tag: SCL