Senior Analyst, Strategic Finance (m/f)
We are a zillion things home. We are Wayfair.
Wayfair.de and .co.uk has Europe’s largest online selection of furniture, home furnishings, décor and goods including more than 1.8 million products from over 3,500 suppliers across the EU and is constantly increasing
We are looking for a Senior Analyst to join our European Strategic Finance Team. Our team partners with leaders across the global business in order to make significant impact on top line and margin goals. We are a trusted source of premium financial analytics that guide the business in making well informed decisions to improve our strategic position. Wayfair is not an ordinary company and this is not an ordinary finance role. You will need to be innovative, collaborative, comfortable with ambiguity, and willing to apply your strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills to solve problems.
As a Senior Analyst you may be asked to:
- Build sophisticated forecast models that allow the business to simulate various scenarios
- Analyze and root cause variances in the P&L
- Create innovative data driven solutions to complex business problems
- Build business cases for future market entry
- Partner and lead cross functional teams to understand workflows and processes vital to pricing, models, and reporting
- Build custom reporting from our SQL databases to identify nascent and burgeoning trends
- Translate high level business problems into more detailed specifications of required technology solutions
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience
- Sufficient experience in finance or business analytics
- Experience in ecommerce is essential
- Proven experience in advising internal or external parties
- Strong problem solving skills
- Detail oriented and able to work with cross functional teams
- Excited to make big impactful changes as well as the small iterative ones
- Positive, enthusiastic, gritty, and determined
- Excellent communication skill both verbal and written
- Experience in SQL a plus
And finally, our proposition to you!
- Of course the usual competitive salary, bonus and we share the company with you in stock units
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- The opportunity to work cross-functionally and closely with senior leadership not only in the Berlin office, but also with Boston, London and Galway
- We offer a vast selection of classes through our learn@work program to enhance your professional and personal development
- We want you to connect with your team and fellow colleagues through regular social events
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.