Senior Manager, Strategic Operational Finance
The Strategic Operational Finance team develops financial and business strategies for Wayfair’s major supply chain and operations initiatives, and the Senior Manager will lead major initiatives for this increasingly critical and highly visible group. Expected to be a top performer as both a “leader” and a “doer,” you will be the point person on major initiatives that you will manage and execute.
The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated and analytical. This person is adept at translating business issues into analyses, building the relevant models and communicating results and recommendations to diverse audiences (up to C-level on a regular basis). He/she has demonstrated success in leveraging data to drive decision-making. The ideal candidate can balance quantitative analysis and critical business thinking with effective communication of tangible results and actions. Candidate will be able to work at both a strategic level (understanding the business issues) and at a tactical level (pivoting between projects in real-time, digging into data to understand and report trends, and managing junior colleagues who may be assisting in analyses). Candidate also thrives in a fast-paced environment and can take on new responsibilities quickly.
- Act as the “CFO” of major operational initiatives, providing financial analysis and thoughtful strategic insights
- Become the go-to person for operations GMs on any financial inquires, analyses and requests
- Drive efficiency across supply chain and be a creative thought partner to Operations
- Build financial and operational infrastructure for top initiatives (models, reporting, trend analysis, etc.)
- Know the numbers behind the business inside and out; serve as the subject matter expert for all internal stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively on data needs with cross-functional groups, including Analytics, Finance, Marketing, Pricing, Operations and Engineering.
- Deliver seamless, cohesive analyses and reporting to senior leaders across the company.
- Hire, manage, and develop other business analyst(s).
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree, MBA preferred but not required
- Financial or other quantitative analytical background preferred but not required
- 3-4+ years of experience in data analytics and/or other modeling
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Expertise in Excel, experience in SQL preferred
- Senior presence with thoughtful, articulate communication style adaptable to the audience
- Creativity to build structure around loosely defined projects
- Entrepreneurial spirit, self-reliant and able to motivate others
- Track record of success in managing and developing a team
- Resourcefulness in obtaining data when clean and or complete information is not available
- Tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Unrelenting work ethic and sense of ownership to see projects through to completion
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair.com, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $2.25 billion in annual sales in 2015 and $786.9 million in net revenues for second quarter 2016. Wayfair employed 5,398 people as of June 30, 2016 and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe. The company has previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.Tag: FINS