Associate Director, Inbound Supply Chain Operations
The Global Inbound Supply Chain team is looking for a proven leader to drive a transformative redesign of our CastleGate Logistics network. This person will play a key role in a major company initiative to optimize our inbound carrier strategy, own performance and drive improved NPS across our supplier portfolio. As an integral member of this supply chain team, you’ll be able to put your stamp on the design and execution of a very unique and proprietary furniture network as we continue to scale. We are looking for an energetic, collaborative minded leader, with an entrepreneurial spirit and a deep background in both Carrier Relationship Management and Operations Innovation. This is a highly visible and exciting role for the company and one that will offer the right candidate an opportunity to lead one of our core operational functions.
Who we are: The Global Inbound Supply Chain team’s goal is to create value both internally and externally through the establishment of lasting partnerships, which will enable us to drive a more efficient and cost effective supply chain. We will design, optimize, operationalize and roll out transportation programs for our CastleGate supplier partners in the USA, Canada, UK, EU and Asia.
What is CastleGate?
CastleGate is one of Wayfair’s newest business units, is growing rapidly, and operates entrepreneurially. We are looking for highly motivated individuals to help expand this business – which is focused on providing strategic supply chain services to key suppliers. Visit the link to hear from one of our Wayfair founders, Niraj Shah, and our team to get a more in-depth understanding of CastleGate: https://www.youtube.com/embed/4ChIwUySYhs
What you will do:
- Manage a team of Senior Managers and Program Leads to design, implement and drive inbound carrier strategy for Domestic & International Freight Solutions Operations. Provide inspirational leadership to support a group of highly motivated leaders.
- Maintain industry expertise; keep abreast of trends and new ideas while developing relationships with new partners.
- Develop a close understanding of our supplier’s businesses. Management of and accountability for the P&L for your book of freight operations services, ensuring we deliver on our commitments for a low cost, high NPS operating model. Through negotiation, process improvement and developing strategic 3rd party partnerships you will work to improve cost structure.
- Design and drive metrics to measure and monitor carrier performance and cost. This will be done through the use of both systematic and manually developed solutions. The audience of this reporting will be both internal and external – up to CEO level.
- Provide direct input into the development, implementation and reporting of partner provider KPI/metrics to monitor all aspects of the transportation process.
- In partnership with technology & business intelligence teams, manage & drive a diverse roadmap of tech initiatives aimed at building the foundation of this supply chain solutions business for future scale.
- Partner closely with our Warehousing, Sales, Supplier Operations, Finance and many other teams to drive alignment while taking the lead on setting cross organization direction.
Who are we looking for? Success in this role requires a combination of strategic and analytical thinking, an interest in innovating to solve business problems creatively and a willingness to hit the ground running. This person would be a self-starter and an excellent communicator and negotiator, with an ownership, results oriented mindset. A successful Associate Director would be adaptable, thrive in a fast-paced environment and comfortable with ambiguity.
- MBA from top tier school and experience in one of the following fields: consulting, operations management, business transformation.
- A successful entrepreneur who has built similar or related product/service offerings, especially in the logistics space.
- An Innovative leader who is looking for an opportunity to lead operations strategy and execution
- Experience in retail, supply chain, logistics is a plus.
- Strong analytical experience and comfortable operating with large data sets to identify trends and actionable takeaways.
- Detailed oriented with a strong client or customer management experience skill set. Comfortable in front of C level executives.