Product Analyst, Pricing & Profitability
The Wayfair Pricing & Profitability team is seeking an analytically minded and results driven individual to join the team. The team controls key pricing and assortment levers that are used to optimize Wayfair’s product and value offering to consumers in real-time.
In this role, the Product Analyst will be responsible for monitoring the day-to-day health of the pricing systems and maintaining communication with multiple internal teams. He or she will be responsible for driving quick action on projects that need immediate attention as well as running long-term initiatives to upgrade and monitor pricing levels and systems.
This role provides a great opportunity to apply business intuition and analytics to an area of the business that has an immediate and lasting impact. Qualified candidates will be interested in gaining exposure to the inner workings of a technology company and be excited to pick up programming skills. The Pricing & Profitability team has a big appetite for bold ideas and a strong bias for action.
- Be the “go-to” person for all things pricing, including how current logic works, how to optimally implement new strategies, and emergencies
- Monitor financial, customer, and operational data to spot trends in the business
- Engage with various teams to contextualize decisions and define strategy
- Build customized reporting for internal teams to explain pricing decisions and evaluate the performance of strategy shifts.
- Serve as an expert on Wayfair pricing capabilities.
- Quantify both the direct impact of pricing and short/long term externalities.
- Bachelor’s degree from top-tier institution with a strong academic record (GPA >3.7preferred)
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems.
- Ability to act quickly when dealing with acute problems
- Knack for telling stories with data
- Great with Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- SQL experience is not a requirement, but desire to learn is a must
- Interest in working hard, being challenged in a fast-paced environment, and having fun while doing it.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.Tag: ANLT-PP