Senior Operations Analyst, Final Mile Delivery Network
Final Mile Delivery Network - Senior Operational Analyst
Wayfair is redefining the way customers buy online and one of the key pillars of that strategy is to create a truly differentiated customer experience for large parcel items, i.e. couches, vanities - over 150 pounds. To enable this differentiated experience, Wayfair is investing heavily to create the first-ever national large parcel supply chain all the way to the consumer’s home. This is an exciting, fast-paced, and high-visibility initiative and we are looking for pioneers who can help disrupt the status quo and redefine an industry.
The Logistics organization is responsible for the receiving, warehousing, and delivery of goods to Wayfair customers globally. The Final Mile Delivery Network (3rd Party) manages a wide network of over 100 delivery providers throughout North America.
We are looking for a Senior Analyst to join our team. In this role, you will apply quantitative and qualitative skills to develop and then answer questions, working with our delivery partner network, as well internal partners in upstream and downstream operations, warehousing, analytics, customer service, product innovation, and other teams.
You will collaborate with project managers and subject matter experts to develop analyses and implement plans. You will both be leading the analytical portion of our work, and project managing the execution of initiatives, driving them to market.
- Lead the analysis of operational data, creating insights and tools to enable and accelerate business decisions.
- Collect data in SQL, Excel, or from others within Wayfair.
- Work closely with various teams to develop and execute analyses.
- Analyze and present data in Excel, PowerPoint, or other form to your manager, team, and other stakeholders within Wayfair.
- Drive complex projects to completion using effective project management, communication and influence, with both internal and external partners. Relentless about following up until the job is done.
- Become the subject matter expert on various topics and data sets
- Create transparent, accurate reporting, as well as success criteria associated with initiatives
- Drive customer experience improvements by evaluating and measuring partner metrics, developing a model to predict partner outcomes, suggesting opportunities based on exploration and analysis, and managing rapid testing of incentive structures
- BA/BS degree, with a strong academic record
- 2-3 years of experience working in operations, analytics, consulting, finance, marketing, or similar analytical and cross-functional field
- An affinity for data, and a resourcefulness in obtaining data when clean or complete information is not available
- Experience working with Excel is required; SQL is a plus
- Passionate about solving complex business problems
- Possess strong written and verbal cross-functional communication skills
- Positive, people-oriented, and enthusiastic
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.Tag: SCL-L