Senior Content Strategist, UX Copy
*Please note: You must include a link to your portfolio -- or include 3 relevant writing samples at the end of your cover letter -- to be considered for this position. Thank you!
When someone asks you for directions, are they often relieved by how clearly you’ve explained where to go? When you’re the lead writer on a project, is the information architecture as important to you as the words themselves? Is it a good day when you’ve learned something new?
If you answered “Yes!” to the above, we’d love to meet you.
On our fast-growing UX Copy team, we’re seeking a Senior Content Strategist to drive the optimization of our “upper funnel” user flows. You’ll help define what it means to balance inspirational and navigational content within the early stages of our customers’ journeys – engaging them with helpful information while providing a clear path to purchase. And you’ll spearhead a key initiative: Where’s the best place to serve up “advice” and helpful tips, and what’s the right conversation to have with our target demographic? It’s an opportunity to make a huge impact for our tens of millions of customers.
Ideal candidates are not only terrific writers, but also sought-after collaborators, critical product thinkers, and detail-oriented editors who work well in entrepreneurial environments. If you’ve ever been called “tenacious” or a “UX evangelist,” that’s a plus: We’re a small team in a big org, and you’ll be relied on to consistently, persuasively advocate for best-in-class messaging on behalf of our customers.
What you’ll do:
- Write clear, compelling copy and drive strategy for new feature development
- Ensure consistent messaging across platforms (app, mobile web, desktop)
- Carry the Wayfair brand voice through multiple channels, while driving feature-specific tone and style standards
- Work cross-functionally with product designers (UX/UI), product managers, engineers, and merchandisers, working collaboratively to make the customer journey as user-friendly as possible
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of how customers interact with our website, and use data to determine how to solve customer problems and make our messaging even more compelling
Desired skills & experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, library science, communications, marketing, or a related field
- 5+ years of professional content strategy or copywriting experience for consumers and consumer brands (e-commerce experience is a big plus)
- A portfolio that demonstrates strong writing and conversation mapping skills, as well as a deep understanding of how to identify user problems
- Experience driving content strategy deliverables, such as content audits, inventories, and matrices
- A collaborative work style and the ability to think holistically—understanding how design and copy work together to provide customers with a consistent end-to-end message
- Strong multi-tasking, time-management, leadership, and organizational skills
- A motivated, self-starter attitude with demonstrated ability to push independent and team projects to completion
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Tag: CUE-COP