Director, Supply Chain Optimization
Director – End-to-End Supply Chain Optimization
The Operations group at Wayfair is looking for a Director of End-to-End Supply Chain Optimization to join our team! This position is a key leadership role within a centralized analytics team that helps shape the strategy and execution of Wayfair’s rapidly expanding global supply chain. Within the role, you will apply your leadership and quantitative skills in a highly collaborative environment to meet business-critical supply chain challenges head on across three main verticals: Wayfair physical footprint & inventory management, transportation network design and optimization, and forecasting & demand planning. The ideal candidate will proactively work with internal stakeholders across each of these areas, strategically roadmap key operational initiatives, and guide cross-functional teams to successfully build out analytical models and processes.
If you’re passionate about driving business impact by leading teams of other analytics professionals, applying cutting-edge analytical techniques to complex supply chain decisions, and enjoy the challenge of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, then this is the perfect role for you!
Who we are: The Supply Chain Analytics team is the go-to source for the analytics needs of the Wayfair Operations group, which is rapidly growing Wayfair’s asset-based supply chain capabilities. Members of the team serve as internal, cross-functional consultants supporting the Operations group on a wide array of strategic and operational decisions including network and transportation design, 3rd-party carrier strategy, warehouse footprint optimization, and inventory planning.
What you will do: Reporting to the Head of Supply Chain Analytics you will:
- Partner with business leads to define and prioritize opportunities, identify interdependencies between key business drivers, and communicate how an analytical approach can contribute to an overall business strategy or solution
- Translate high-level—and sometimes ambiguous—business challenges into specific workstreams that can be tackled using data-driven analyses and work with stakeholders to get buy-in on the anticipated approach and timelines
- Build and lead multiple teams of other supply chain analysts to successfully complete deliverables with high standards of quality, timeliness, and rigor to build and maintain the trust of our internal stakeholders
- Help synthesize analytical results and coach teams on presenting insights with a clear point of view and storyline to enable fact-based decision-making within the business
- Guide other managers and analysts as they develop skills across all aspects of the project lifecycle including project scoping, application of analytical techniques, communication, and implementation
- Apply an impact-focused, entrepreneurial lens to proactively identify, develop, and implement business and process improvement initiatives that capture cost and/or service benefits across all aspects Wayfair’s supply chain
- Design Wayfair’s facility footprint and transportation network including determining optimal warehouse locations, evaluating the impact of adding new consolidation points, and building cost efficient transportation routes with interleaving stops at suppliers and customers.
- Determine optimal inventory positioning by modeling inbound shipments, transshipments from warehouse to warehouse, and outbound shipments to customers to maximize delivery service level.
- Develop forecasts of inbound and outbound shipments from Wayfair warehouses and middle-mile facilities as a result of customer demand and supplier replenishment orders to provide guidance on labor and capacity planning.
Profiles that may be especially well-suited for this role:
- At least 10+ years of experience in an analytical or consulting role, preferably with supply chain or logistics experience including experience completing analytical projects and presenting actionable insights to senior leaders
- 7+ years of experience building and leading multi-person teams to successfully complete complex, analytics-based projects
- The ability to understand various data models and algorithm tools and programming languages to solve complex business problems (e.g., SQL, R, Python, or other languages on large datasets)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to work with both technical and business-oriented stakeholders and cross-functional teams across all aspects of the project lifecycle
- Positive, people-oriented, and energized by working in a high-performance, fast-paced industry
- Advanced degree in Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Economics, Statistics, Engineering or other concentrations with a heavy quantitative focus
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Tag: SCL