Product Manager, Merchandising Platforms
At Wayfair, our Product Management team is responsible for providing the vision, execution and analysis necessary to delight customers with world class experiences on our web sites and apps. We are organized into small, focused, fully-resourced and -empowered teams to operate with the speed and focus of a startup, while benefiting from the resources of an established eCommerce leader.
As a Product Manager, you will lead a cross-functional team of full stack engineers, front end engineers, iOS engineers, UX/UI designers, QA and analytics partners to envision, build, and deliver customer experiences that impact tens of millions of consumers. You must be able to transform quantitative and qualitative data from our customers into insights and strategy to drive product development priorities. You transform those strategies into technical requirements, and work closely with design and engineering to deliver site enhancements and new features at a fast pace. As the CEO of your product(s), you’ll be responsible for wearing any and all hats. You will own your roadmap, maniacally measure performance, keep your pulse on the customer, anticipate bottlenecks, make tradeoffs, and take acceptable risks to maximize the benefit for our customer and business. And if you’re doing it right, you’re having a ton of fun and learning every day.
Merchandising platforms team is a part of larger storefront organization that seeks to develop products and data driven automated solutions through our proprietary technology platform. We work with both product teams as well as site merchandisers to build the right solution that can bring the best customer experience. As a GM of a portfolio of tools, you will partner with senior directors, directors and other internal stakeholders to understand the Wayfair’s merchandising needs and lead the team to define product design and functional requirements/capabilities, identify gaps in current capabilities, and execute on these through implementation and deployment.
You must have a strong bias-for-action, be extremely curious and be willing to identify and fill gaps where necessary to get the job done. You will be asked to break down complex problems and back up your recommendations with quantitative and qualitative reasoning. You will be a member of a team consisting of Engineers, UX Designers and Analysts and play a central role in organizing and communicating their efforts.
How you’ll drive success:
- Product Manager’s at Wayfair are exceptionally strong in both quantitative and qualitative analysis, and demonstrate superior communication skills to constituents across the business.
- Utilize data to understand customer needs and behaviors as well as business objectives, and transform that knowledge into website enhancements and new features
- Using Agile methodologies, they develop software intended for our US, UK, DE and Canada sites, in addition to Wayfair’s additional lifestyle brands.
- Build and maintain roadmaps for your product(s) and insure those interests are represented amongst all Product owners within the organization to ensure the vision for your product roadmap aligns with broader company objectives
- Monitor performance of your focus area and measure impact of your product enhancements
- Determine resourcing needs for your team and make compelling requests for additions when required.
You’re who we’re looking for if:
- 2-4 years of product management experience preferably in ecommerce or B2C
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences
- High attention to detail and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to manage through ambiguity, adversity and conflict to establish focus and deliver against business goals
- Cross functional leadership experience
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for customer focused innovation
- Familiarity with Excel, SQL, and multi-variate testing practices a plus
- BA with strong academic record (strong preference for quantitative, scientific, or technical backgrounds)
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.