Leader, Deployment Tools Engineering
As the leader of this team, you will shape the direction of the software release platforms that serve our nimble and action-biased product and operational engineering groups, solving the tricky problems of migrating Wayfair’s intricate and complex systems toward CI/CD and DevOps patterns, while supporting both on-premise and private cloud environments.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Identify and implement best practices at massive scale, understanding that what is right for other companies may not be right for Wayfair, and achieving consensus at each step
- Effect change impacting all developers through systems such as version control, continuous integration pipelines, code deployment, and automated testing
- Strive toward best practices and automation of everything!
- Demonstrate an affinity for creating strategies and executing against them, knowing when to adjust course
- Constantly challenge the tools you personally use
What experience will you leverage to be successful?
- At least 5 years of experience leading and managing software development teams with both junior and senior members
- Ability to quickly solve or seek the solution to any problem in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Experience with most of the following:
- Containers (Docker a plus)
- DevOps practices
- Version control (we use Git)
- Continuous integration pipelines
- Deployment scheduling
Our goal is to make software development at Wayfair a delightful experience. This team impacts more than 800 engineers company-wide and maintains relationships with dozens of engineering teams. We work to build tools, systems, and automation to eliminate toil, make quality the default, and scale development activities to keep pace with our rapidly growing teams across the Engineering department.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Tag: ENGR