Senior Manager Supply Chain Analytics (m/f)
The Operations Analytics team is looking to add a Senior Manager to their group! This person will apply quantitative skills to answer high-level business and strategy questions and support operational initiatives.
Who we are: The operations analytics teams are internal consulting group that seeks to make things run more efficiently by generating insights from modeling and quantitative analysis. They serve as the go-to source for analytics needs for the Wayfair Operations team from Transportation & Logistics to Warehouse Operations & Inventory Positioning.
What you will do:
- Be the leader of Supply Chain Design & Transportation Network Modeling in the EU
- Partner with various business stakeholders to identify key factors and requirements for each project, and get buy-in for project methodology
- Scope high-level business problems into more specific questions which can then be answered by data-driven analysis
- Contribute to big data analysis using SQL, R, Python and other software applications
- Present data with a clear point of view so that insights can be used to help drive business strategy
- Optimizing our network in the US has led to the implementation of a hub and spoke design for transportation to the customer. Additional modeling efforts will include a focus on custom logistics solutions such as interleaving stops at suppliers and customers on line haul routes as well as evaluating the impact of adding a new consolidation point.
- Building a nationwide carrier portfolio optimization model to determine the most efficient and profitable distribution of Wayfair volume. This model drives selection of the best overall damage, cost and transit time trade-offs for over 10 million shipments a year.
- Analyzing the optimal way to handle cross border shipments into Canada and design the European network keeping in mind supplier sourcing, demand growth, and multi-country transportation and regulations.
Who you are:
- You have at least 5+ years of experience in an analytical/consulting role preferably with supply chain or logistics experience
- You have a higher degree in Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Physics, or other concentrations with heavy quantitative focus strongly preferred
- Previous experience executing on analytical projects and presenting business cases to senior leadership
- Experience working within large datasets and passionate about solving complex business problems
- Possess strong written and verbal cross-functional communication skills
- Positive, people-oriented, and enthusiastic
- Technical experience using SQL, R, Python, or other languages
And finally, our proposition to you!
- Of course the usual competitive salary, bonus and we share the company with you in stock units
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- The opportunity to work cross-functionally and closely with senior leadership not only in the Berlin office, but also with Boston, London and Galway
- We offer a vast selection of classes through our learn@work program to enhance your professional and personal development.
- We want you to connect with your team and fellow colleagues through regular social events
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- DwellStudio, unexpected modern design for everyday life
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.6 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,700 people.Tag: SCL