Sr. Data center Engineer
The Data Center Operations Engineer is an integral part of Wayfair’s Infrastructure Engineering team and the cornerstone in ensuring our rapid growth as a company. Data Center Operations is a foundational team to everything Wayfair does. In this role s/he will have direct input into planning our global data center growth strategy and improving the strategic planning operations within our global data center footprint. S/he will also be closely involved with day to day operations and be accountable for timely service delivery.
The ideal candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with rapidly shifting priorities. We are looking for someone well-versed in data center best practices, cabling standards, and the latest data center technologies. Attention to detail and documentation skills are critical components to success in this position.
- Capacity planning via rack elevation design and efficient utilization of data center layouts and space utilization
- Developing, maintaining, and enforcing detailed Data Center SOP and MOP documentation and procedures
- Assures quality of projects, services, and deliverables, including participating in reviews, audits, and site visits.
- Enforcement of Data Center Operating procedures
- Planning, Design, and Upkeep of Data Center and Structured Cabling Implementation
- Racking/Stacking/Cabling of new systems and hardware
- Building and maintaining vendor relationships.
- Creating and implementing hardware and configuration standards across the environment
- Collaborate across the infrastructure teams (SRE, NetEng, Storage, Virtualization) to discover requirements and troubleshoot systems
- Recognize and identify potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed
- On-Call Responsibilities
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to the Data Center
- Up to 20% Travel
- Strong working knowledge of all Data Center technologies, including Windows and Linux server operations, virtualization, network based storage systems and SANs, and SQL server database management
- Strong understanding of Dell and HP server hardware
- Familiarity with Cisco ACI networking concepts
- Experience with virtualization technologies
- BA or BS degree from a 4-year college or university
- 5-10 years working with a career focus in data centers, IT infrastructure, networking, and specifically familiar with building out and operating global data centers.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills and have the ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment and delivery smart/creative solutions
Other traits we look for:
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- An easy-going attitude and strong sense of humor
- A positive, people-oriented and energetic attitude
- An analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- An interest in working hard/being challenged in a fast-paced environment, and having fun while doing it
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Our unparalleled selection and superior customer service coupled with the convenience of online shopping, makes it easier than ever before to find exactly what you want for your home. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair.com, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, an online flash sales site offering inspiring home design daily
- AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, and employs 2,000 people across its eight global locations of Boston, New York, Ogden, Utah, Hebron, Kentucky, Galway, Ireland, London, Berlin and Sydney. The company has previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.
Visit our Site: http://www.wayfair.com
Read our Engineering Blog: http://engineering.wayfair.com/
Find us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/wayfair
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/wayfair
Check out our YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/therealwayfair
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.Tag: ENGR-INFR