Wayfair.com, the international brand for everything home, is seeking an associate copyeditor to join our growing in-house Creative team. This role will focus on proofreading and copyediting marketing emails, major promotions, mailers, and catalogs for Wayfair, Wayfair CA, and our lifestyle brands: Joss & Main, AllModern, Birch Lane, and Perigold. The right candidate will be intensely thorough, organized, and demonstrate mastery of the English language.
- Act as the last line of defense in checking quality of our brand materials; make sure our makeup is perfect before we hit the runway.
- Proofread high-visibility marketing assets for all Wayfair brands, ensuring they adhere to house style guide standards for grammatical and typographical consistency.
- Perform these duties under lightning-fast deadlines.
- Collaborate with copywriters to improve output quality and reduce later edits.
- Identify and resolve deficiencies in workflow and communication to ensure a polished final product.
- Monitor performance and analyze results, folding new learnings into your work.
Skills & Experience
- 1–3 years of experience in a copyediting and proofreading role.
- Expert-level knowledge of the English language, plus a proven ability to understand, discuss, and advise on grammar and usage.
- Experience adhering to (or creating!) a house style guide.
- Self-motivated and determined, possesses an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Thorough and meticulous, great attention to detail.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, and can manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Stays highly organized and communicates efficiently and effectively.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and Outlook.
Please provide a résumé and cover letter. Candidates without a cover letter will not be considered.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Tag: CUE-COP