Senior Operations Manager
Wayfair is looking for a talented, driven, and entrepreneurial leader to grow and direct strategy for our Order Loss Prevention Teams. You will be responsible for leading a group of managers who oversee our front line teams. The right candidate will bring a mix of analytical and process improvement skills as well as a strong track record of managing productive teams. Due to the high visibility this position would have to senior leadership, you must possess a strong, confident senior presence throughout the organization and experience managing managers. The ideal candidate for this job has strong leadership experience in a metrics driven environment and is motivated to work in and maintain a positive culture. We’re looking for an energetic team player who understands how to effectively drive results in our fast-paced and rapidly growing company.
This position is based in Brunswick, ME but will require periodic travel to other Wayfair sites including our headquarters in Boston, MA.
- Lead the Maine-Based Order Management Operations Team
- Create and drive strategic roadmaps, in collaboration with peers, for transactional operations teams for Order Processing, Fraud Prevention and Supplier Credit Recovery
- Pivot as needed to address unanticipated challenges and complexity in the business model
- Work strategically with suppliers to continuously improve the customer experience
- Deliver consistently on progress and KPIs, to Director and VP of department
- Collaborate with management, peers and direct reports to drive meaningful results
- Work cross-functionally with groups company-wide, including Sales and Service, Finance & Logistics
- Analyze and develop reports on monthly performance trends that clearly articulate milestones to senior leadership and establishes processes to continue improvement
- Move aggressively and quickly in a startup-like environment that leverages the resources of Wayfair
- Contribute to the development of tools and processes that make our team and suppliers more efficient and effective while always remaining focused on the customer experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and MBA required
- 5+ years of management experience, including proven success in building and scaling teams; preferably in Operations or Support Services
- 2+ years of managing and developing managers
- Evidence of “scrappy startup execution” and “get it done” attitude
- Ability to work collaboratively with peers and headquarters teams
- Ability to hit the ground running – a confident, entrepreneurial self-starter
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated senior presence, recognized as an effective manager
- An inclusive and open leadership style
- Ability to manage and prioritize projects, and to delegate tasks appropriately
- Innovative problem-solving skills – dissect and determine root causes of problems, and implement solutions
- Comfortable analyzing large data sets and using that analysis to drive business plans and priorities
- Ability to keep multiple functions moving forward at once
- Experience in driving best practice and process improvements in teams
- Track record of taking on big challenges and delivering despite obstacles
- Some travel required
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, everything home for every budget
- Joss & Main, beautiful finds, irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, home of classic designs and fresh finds
- Perigold, the widest-ever selection of premium home
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.