Warehouse Operations Associate
Do you have the business savvy and problem-solving skills necessary to thrive in a start-up environment? Are you looking to hit the ground running and have an immediate impact in a highly visible role? If so, you may be a great fit for Wayfair!
Wayfair is looking for Warehouse Associates for our new Mississauga, Ontario, distribution centre. These associates will play a key role in improving customer satisfaction and driving repeat business in Canada by ensuring that our merchandise is handled with care at all touch points. Our Warehouse Associates will manage our warehouse inventory, including receiving, put away, and picking orders.
What you will do:
Unload and process receipts of inbound furniture orders, which will require manually moving some large, heavy goods
- Use RF scanning technology to document pertinent carton level information, including condition, quantity, and warehouse location of material
- Proactively monitor order management systems to ensure that all orders have been received properly and that detailed descriptions are provided for any Overage/Shortage/Damage issues
- Perform regular cycle counts to ensure inventory is accurate and up to date
- Pick deliveries from inventory and stage them by truck and stop number
- Provide direct input into the existing user tools and make recommendations for improvements based on your everyday experience
Who you are:
- Strong, consistent work ethic
- Able to work strategically as part of a team
- Comfort with computers and RF scanning technology. Experience with High Jump WMS a plus.
- Customer-centric approach
- Well organized and detail-oriented
- Proactive in identifying opportunities for improvement and driving process improvements
- Experienced in Logistics, Transportation and/or Customer Service. One or more years of experience driving forklift equipment (end-riders, order pickers, counterbalance and/or reach trucks) a plus.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Wayfair is committed to recruiting and hiring the best candidates for all roles, and from diverse backgrounds and experiences. Wayfair is compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Wayfair Recruiting.Tag: SCL-WD