Associate Director, Product Management - Cross Sell
At Wayfair, our Product Management team is responsible for providing the vision, execution and analysis necessary to delight customers with world class experiences on our web sites and apps. We are organized into small, focused, fully-resourced and -empowered teams to operate with the speed and focus of a startup, while benefiting from the resources of an established eCommerce leader.
The Associate Director, Product Management - Cross-sell shopping will create experiences that delight the customer by presenting the right products to complement their purchase at the right place in their purchasing journey for their home. Cross-sell is an emerging business for Wayfair, tripling in revenue year over year, and we’ve barely scratched the surface of the total opportunity. You will lead a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, analysts, other internal partners, and often fellow product managers to refine Wayfair’s cross-sell platform and user experience to maximize revenue for the business and added value to the customer. You’ll also be part of a cross-functional team that thinks about how to create best-in-class shopping experiences for Wayfair’s newer product categories, including housewares & decor, renovation, and appliances.
You must be able to transform quantitative and qualitative data from our customers into insights and strategy to drive product development priorities. You transform those strategies into product requirements, and work closely with design and engineering to deliver site enhancements and new features at a fast pace. As the CEO of your product(s), you’ll be responsible for wearing any and all hats. You will own your road map, maniacally measure performance, keep your pulse on the customer, anticipate bottlenecks, make trade offs, manage internal customers and take acceptable risks to maximize the benefit for our customer and business. And if you’re doing it right, you’re having a ton of fun and learning every day.
What you’ll do:
- Develop a deep understanding of our users, customer journeys, competition, technology, team, and internal business strategy / goals
- Create a product vision and strategy that will help us delight our target users and achieve our business goals
- Translate our product vision / strategy into a well-sequenced roadmap, and ensure that our roadmap evolves as we learn and adjust our business goals
- Partner closely with your Engineering, Design, Analytics, and Merchandising teams to execute against your roadmap and continually improve team velocity
- Use quantitative and qualitative data to continually improve our product in ways that matter most to our users and have the biggest impact on our KPIs
- Build strong relationships throughout the organization, to ensure transparency across our roadmaps and surface opportunities to improve our collective velocity, consistency and/or quality through collaboration
- Define, monitor and communicate KPIs for your product area
- Recruit and onboard a small team of PMs to execute and deliver on features that create best-in-class home shopping experiences for our customers
- 7+ years experience in product management
- Track record of building high-impact consumer products
- Ability to think and perform both tactically and strategically
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills at the senior leadership level
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences
- Cross functional leadership experience
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for customer focused innovation
- Ability to multi-task and work well within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
- Familiarity with Excel, SQL, and multivariate testing practices a plus
- BA with strong academic record (strong preference for quantitative, scientific, or technical backgrounds)
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Tag: PMGMT