Manager, Brand Marketing - Strategic Initiatives
Driven by a passion for the customer and the Wayfair brand, our Marketing team is responsible for growing awareness, acquiring new customers, and getting those customers to come back again. The Marketing team is seeking a top performer with a strategic and analytical mindset to continually evolve our approach to reach customers and cultivate loyalty to our brand. In the Brand Marketing Strategic Initiatives role, you will be responsible for launching and managing innovative top-of-funnel marketing capabilities to ensure Wayfair’s brand marketing channels remain best-in-class. Strong candidates will demonstrate their leadership skills, strategic/analytical mindset, and comfort in a data-driven business environment. This is an ideal opportunity for individuals looking to enter the e-commerce space for the first time or those seeking a new challenge to accelerate the growth of our business. Prior consulting and media experience is a plus.
- Lead, develop, and execute advanced TV strategy, testing tactics, and reporting to drive awareness, acquisition, and engagement
- Establish and manage partnerships with agencies, TV networks, and third party data providers • Recommend and test innovative strategies and new customer acquisition channels to efficiently drive brand growth
- Track emerging trends, technologies, and competitive movements to ensure Wayfair’s brand marketing channels are best-in-class
- Evaluate potential investments and strategic partnerships to evolve brand marketing efforts
- Partner across the organization to develop internal marketing measurement tools, define KPIs, and develop new capabilities to support brand marketing channel efforts
- Use data-driven insights to build cohesive, compelling business cases/proposals to gain buy-in to invest from senior leadership and cross-functional stakeholders
- Support leadership on long-range strategic planning and ad hoc analyses • Collaborate with cross-functional business partners on a variety of high-impact initiatives
- Develop talent within the organization, mentoring/developing small team of analysts • Minimal travel required (~4-6 business trips/yr)
- Experienced consultant looking to make the move to Internet commerce leader OR 3-5 years online marketing and/or media experience
- Forward, innovative thinker with a customer-centric mindset
- Ability to think and perform both tactically and strategically; highly proactive and adaptive
- Comfortable in a data-driven business environment and able to pivot readily
- Senior presence; able to clearly and consistently work side-by-side with a broad range of seniorities and functions to deliver against complex initiatives
- Ability to multi-task and work well within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Interest in working hard, being challenged in a fast-paced environment, and having fun while doing it
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills • Positive, people-oriented and energetic attitude
- Familiarity with Excel, SQL and Test & Learn practices a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing, Economics, or Mathematics preferred
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.