Senior Manager, Strategy and Analytics
Wayfair is seeking a relentlessly curious, solutions-oriented Senior Manager to join our rapidly growing B2C Sales Strategy and Analytics team. We rely on this team to provide the thought leadership and analytic rigor needed to drive our rapidly scaling inside sales channel.
Wayfair’s inside sales team is comprised of product experts and sales agents who help our B2C customers select and purchase more complex, design-heavy, or technically sophisticated products from our ever-expanding assortment. The Strategy and Analytics team is responsible for developing and executing on both business and operational strategies that generate exponential revenue growth and improvements in sales efficiency and customer experience.
The team is highly cross-functional, working closely with Sales leaders and partners in Data Science, Category, Brand, Product Management, Marketing, and Storefront to grow the B2C sales channel.
What you will do:
- Translate high-level business problems into more specific questions which can then be answered by data-driven analysis and recommendations.
- Develop a model to estimate the impact of a specific recommendation while controlling for factors that may introduce noise into the analysis. Ongoing comparison of expected vs. actual results.
- Solve difficult, non-routine analytical problems with deep customer focus, applying advanced analytical methods as needed, including big data analysis using SQL, R, Python and other software applications.
- Present data with a clear point of view so that insights can be used to help drive business strategy
Who you are:
- A self-starter, enjoy fast-pace, collaborative, positive, people-oriented, and enthusiastic
- Demonstrated ability to partner with business leaders, develop business cases, and present to senior executives
- Have technical experience using SQL, R, Python, or other languages
- Have at least 5+ years of experience in an analytical/consulting role
- Have a degree in Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Physics, or other concentrations with heavy quantitative focus strongly preferred
- Have experience working within large datasets and passionate about solving complex business problems
- Passionate about leveraging technology to innovate and solve business problems
- Possess strong written and verbal cross-functional communication skills
About Sales and Service at Wayfair
The Sales and Service team is responsible for using our knowledge of the customer to deliver exceptional service and positive shopping experiences across phone, chat, social media, and other customer engagement channels. Our footprint is global with teams in Utah, Texas, Maine, Massachusetts, Ireland, UK, and Germany. Sales and Service leadership team members are equal parts general manager and innovator. We write our own playbook for success and work cross functionally with everyone from Engineering and Product to Merchandising and Category Management. We pride ourselves on delivering world-class pre- and post-sales support while always raising the bar for ourselves and the industry.
Wayfair generated $3.9 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 6,000 people.
Wayfair offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- DwellStudio, unexpected modern design for everyday life
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, access to the finest home furnishings brands—previously only available in showrooms