Associate Director, Supply Chain Excellence - Large Parcel
Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit? Are you passionate about making a direct impact on the customer? Can you easily navigate in big data? If yes, keep reading about an exciting new opportunity with Wayfair!
If you're unfamiliar with Wayfair- we are a rapidly growing eCommerce company headquartered out of Downtown Boston with an extremely collaborative, dynamic, and data-driven culture!
Who we are:
The Associate Director, Supply Chain Excellence – Large Parcel position reports to the Director of the Global Supply Chain team which is comprised of six sub teams: Large Parcel, Small Parcel, Business Analytics, Capacity Planning, Europe Supply Chain & Demand Collaboration. We work with cross functional teams across Wayfair to help make informed decisions on a day to day basis and create visibility for warehouses, distribution, freight management, carrier management, pricing, In stock, Castlegate and many more.
This is a highly visible role, working closely with senior leadership to execute strategic initiatives in the area of Large Parcel Supply Chain. The large parcel supply chain comprises of Wayfair’s middle mile and last mile operations. In this role, you will lead the Analytics and Process teams that will mine big data, extracting insights that create business value. These insights are to be actionable data-driven findings, adding context to Wayfair’s Operations organization, derived by the smart use of our expansive and rich data sets.
We are constantly on the hunt for insights that can unlock growth and improve our journey to operational excellence
- Champion the S&OP process improvement initiative to drive operational excellence in various areas such as Warehousing, Distribution, Transportation or Logistics etc.
- Own and lead the S&OP process definition and orchestration with the cross-functional team.
- Collaborate with Account Management, Sales, Marketing, Promotions, Stocking, product teams, finance, supply chain and IT teams on a daily basis.
- Establish and track KPIs for S&OP team reflecting overall goals of the S&OP process.
- Create, distribute and analyze data produced to improve the supply planning and inventory planning functions across Wayfair
- Develop Monthly PSI (Purchases, Sales, Inventory) forecast recommendations for approval by Executive Mgmt reflecting assortment and product lifecycle management, inventory management policies and strategic priorities
- Develop and execute plans to manage and exit obsolete inventory, toward goal of minimizing final scrap impacts.
- Lead strategic initiatives that significantly improve S&OP flexibility and KPIs, including projects such as supply chain cost reductions, lead time reductions, fill rate improvements, sales forecast accuracy improvements, excess and obsolete inventory reductions, EOL-NPI lifecycle process improvements, etc.
- Lead change management across cross-functional teams to generate buy-in and adoption of S&OP process.
- Lead continuous education processes to ensure broad ongoing organizational support and adoption of the S&OP process.
- Manage the Executive S&OP reviews to align stakeholders toward building consensus demand forecasts in advance of monthly S&OP meetings.
- Create a culture of continuous learning for the S&OP teams, improving daily operations and creating value for Wayfair Operations via Innovation projects (six sigma) ranging from small to large in scale.
- Manage, hire and develop a strong team of analysts, program managers and process improvement experts to deliver on ambitious service transformation agenda
- Partner with Engineering and third-party tools teams to design workflows and technical enhancements designed to improve efficiency, time to resolution and reduce error in current processes
- MBA or equivalent experience required
- 8+ years relevant experience, preferably in management consulting, ecommerce or retail environment
- Proven experience directly managing high-performance teams with strong analytics capabilities
- Ability to lead a team to consistently meet KPI goals
- Demonstrated experience building a business or delivering against aggressive targets & goals in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
- Senior presence; able to clearly and consistently work side-by-side with a broad range of seniorities and functions to achieve objectives
- Strong analysis capabilities, along with the ability to use data to develop insight and drive decisions based on those insights
- Articulate, persuasive communicator with excellent negotiations and relationship-building skills
- Ability to hit the ground running – a confident, entrepreneurial self-starter
- Ability to manage and prioritize projects, and to delegate tasks appropriately
- Innovative problem-solving skills – dissect and determine root causes of problems, and implement solutions
- Proven track record of leadership, taking ownership and driving results
- Process oriented, with a tireless focus on quality of output and throughput
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- DwellStudio, unexpected modern design for everyday life
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $4.3 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 6,000 peopleTag: SCL