Senior Category Manager
Are you ready to help build the largest e-commerce retailer for furniture and household goods in the world? Would you like to take responsibility for several product classes and see them grow by more than 100% year on year? Do you enjoy working within a highly motivated and goal oriented team environment? If you answered "Yes", we would love to hear from you!
We are Wayfair, the largest online-only retailer for furniture and household goods in the USA; achieving sales growth from 1 billion USD to 3 billion USD within just three years and listed on the NYSE. We are now looking for talented business development people to help us conquer the European market from our UK offices in central London.
As a Senior Category Manager, you will be responsible for a complete product category including full P&L responsibility. You will build a talented team to support your goals and develop innovative strategies to achieve commercial success. There are virtually no limits to how you implement your growth ideas - we love an entrepreneurial spirit!
- Develop and execute growth strategies to help us build our European operations.
- Leverage internal resources to lead your category to profitable growth. Conduct price negotiations, develop new concepts and build collaborative partnerships with our most important suppliers.
- Recruit and develop a high performing team to keep pace with our rapid category growth
- Work closely with other teams i.e. pricing, marketing, promotions, logistics in order to build a premium customer experience
Your Experience and Skills:
- You have significant experience in consulting, financial services or in the e-commerce industry.
- You have at least a Bachelor's degree in a relevant specialisation with post-graduate qualifications preferred.
- You have experience leading and developing teams.
- You enjoy contributing to a dynamic and highly motivated team environment.
- You possess strong analytical capabilities that allow you to assess problems with a structured approach in order to reach the appropriate business decisions.
- You are ready to ‘think outside the box’ and break new ground in an innovative environment.
- You offer excellent communication skills, and are confident building business partnerships, negotiating and collaborating with a broad variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Fluent English language skills are a requirement for this position, additional language skills are advantageous.
And finally, our proposition to you!
- An attractive salary package inclusive of equity and benefits
- An agile and forward-thinking environment, with a team supported to innovate and break the current e-commerce standards.
- A multi-national company with current locations in Berlin, London, Ireland and Boston.
- A challenging and rewarding environment with continuous innovation and new initiatives.
- A range of employee benefits such as yoga classes, health club contributions, charitable events and a comprehensive learning and development program.
- We support an open-door office culture - you will not find any walls here!
- We are located in the heart of London.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Tag: CMGMT