Performance Strategy and Planning Lead
At Wayfair, we believe talent is our key competitive advantage. A critical part of this advantage stems from our unrelenting focus on developing employees and creating pipelines for leadership roles. As our employee base and geographic footprint expands, we must ensure that we have the right leadership and talent in place to support this larger, more complex organization.
We are currently seeking a Performance Lead to own the strategy, design, and execution of Wayfair’s people development processes, including our biannual Performance Reviews, succession planning, and organizational goal-setting. In this role, you’ll work cross-functionally with all areas of the business to create, refresh and launch the processes/programs that will propel strong business performance through talent development.
- Lead the design and delivery of Wayfair’s biannual performance review process for all business units, including developing the strategy, defining key goals, driving project management, and continually assessing and refining existing approaches to meet evolving business objectives
- Analyze performance data to identify key gap areas; recommend & implement solutions accordingly
- Partner with Workforce Analytics to forecast and prepare for future talent needs through high potential talent identification, assessment and development
- Work with Talent Strategy Business Partners to identify and create a leadership pipeline across all levels of the organization
- Create and manage processes for goal-setting to drive company priorities and support a culture of high performance
- Develop succession planning metrics that will drive optimal talent pipeline performance
- Monitor staffing levels and implement strategies to effectively utilize succession plans
- Conduct on-going research on best practices and recommend strategies for continuous improvement
- 1-2 years of experience in top tier consulting firm is a plus
- MBA (or equivalent) from leading university is a plus
- Passion for people management and development and proven success in these areas
- Strong quantitative, analytical and communication skills
- A high level of flexibility and adaptability
- Strong customer service focus with a sense of urgency and excellent follow through
- Demonstrated ability to influence and coach others
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.