Copy Manager, Brand Identity
At Wayfair, we believe that everyone – regardless of budget, style, or square footage – deserves to live in a home they love. We’re seeking an ambitious, results-driven, and all around crazy-talented Copy Manager to join our Brand Identity team. This role is an exciting opportunity to define our tone of voice and brand vision, and to construct standards to ensure consistency across all channels. In partnership with creative directors, designers, and strategists, you’ll seek new ways to bring our brand values to life and improve the quality of our output. The role requires someone who is a creative visionary, collaborative partner to marketing leaders, and a strong manager-doer.
Ideal candidates will thrive on unexpected day-to-day challenges and relish the opportunity to craft a unique brand voice from the ground up. As a Copy Manager, you will coach and mentor copywriters and junior copywriters, and work hand-in-hand with our design manager to create brand books and style guides that will directly impact our customer, brand personality, and global corporate culture.
Candidates must share an online portfolio of relevant work experience in order to be considered for this role.
- Team leadership - Oversee, develop, and build creative processes/strategies for a team of copywriters of varying levels
- Manage and coach a team of ~3 creatives
- Maintain a strong creative vision and constructive partnership with marketing leaders
- Research, scope, and pitch new projects to bring our brand to life in the eyes of our customer
- Work hand-in-hand with Marketing Creative and design leaders to ensure consistency and efficiency
- Understand home décor trends through the filter of our customer
- Synthesize sales data and performance metrics into actionable creative plans that allow for nimble execution
- Drive efficiency
- Maintain seamless cross-functional communications
- Identify bottlenecks and remedy quickly
- Plan forward and communicate widely to ensure a broad team is aligned on creative strategy
- BSBA from top-tier institution
- 5+ years of copywriting experience, preferably e-commerce or agency
- 2+ years of experience managing and mentoring, more preferred
- Passion for the home space with a sharp understanding of furniture and décor trends
- Left- and right-brained ability to solve problems
- Collaborative, energetic team leader
- Experience managing a team of individual contributors across various levels
- Strong understanding of how to interpret and communicate analytical results
- Deep customer instincts and ability to “think like a customer”
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.