The New Supplier Partnerships team at Wayfair is responsible for identifying, negotiating with and launching new suppliers and products on Wayfair.com and is absolutely critical to the company’s success. The Senior Buyer will join this group’s leadership team and manage a team of junior buyers to ensure that we are filling the right gaps in Wayfair’s catalog and that we are sourcing the best suppliers to fill these gaps. This role will have significant visibility with Category leadership and will have the opportunity to directly impact the growth of Wayfair’s revenue.
Success in this role requires that this candidate be comfortable in a fast paced environment, be a great cross functional partner and communicator, have a passion for managing people and developing talent, and enjoy working with data and getting into the details.
- Leverage data, competitive analysis, and cross functional input to identify key gaps across Wayfair categories and classes
- Drive the identification of new suppliers and the subsequent supplier negotiations to bring their products on site at the best possible terms for Wayfair
- Manage and train a team of junior buyers to deliver against monthly goals and motivate team to drive long term revenue results to the Wayfair.com business
- Oversee and manage a pipeline of new supplier opportunities and measure team performance against these opportunities
- Become a key thought partner for Category Managers in identifying key opportunities to drive growth
- Partner with Category Management teams to plan efficient & productive trade shows
Special Skills and Responsibilities:
- 3-7 years of experience
- Strong negotiator with the ability to adapt to real-time discussions to optimize outcomes
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once
- A self-starter capable of achieving goals in an unstructured environment
- Ability and willingness to travel to various industry trade shows; about to 4-6 times per year
- Proven ability to thrive as part of a team and individually
- Familiarity with Excel
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.Tag: CMGMT