Manager, Strategy and Profitability
Are you passionate about using data analytics to discover trends and help businesses grow? Do you want to have an immediate impact on a fast-paced and constantly evolving company? Are you excited to work closely with business leaders to develop strategies that will take our business to the next level?
The Strategy & Profitability team is focused on steering growth strategy and business analytics across Wayfair’s various product verticals. This team leverages Wayfair’s dynamic pricing and product sorting capabilities to manage the delicate tradeoff between short and long term profitability, while working cross-functionally to affect selection, merchandising, operations, and traffic initiatives.
Typical projects include developing growth strategies for a specific vertical, analyzing trends and conducting deep-dives of category performance, understanding competitive dynamics and positioning, hypothesizing and testing new pricing strategies, modeling sales and margin impact, outlining operational initiatives, and working with cross-functional teams to optimize & execute on the path to profitability for growth areas of the Wayfair business. A constant flow of experimentation and analysis on consumer response provides a great testing ground for bold hypotheses and enables continuous improvement in Wayfair’s value offering to consumers.
This role requires a unique mix of business intuition, analytical expertise, and client management to drive strategic decisions related to profitability. Strong candidates will be excited about thinking critically about business strategy, analyzing large sets of data, and collaborating with a cross-functional group of business partners on high-impact initiatives.
- Create / execute on strategic initiatives for Wayfair categories while managing overall profitability levels
- Engage with various internal business partners to align priorities, develop strategic plans, and measure performance improvements
- Identify opportunities to accelerate growth and build tools to analyze and test new pricing strategies
- Work closely with category management, operations, marketing, and engineering to develop a deep understanding of category dynamics
- Conduct rigorous analytics to assess data from tests and experiments to uncover growth opportunities
- Work closely with engineering and operations teams to optimize the performance of our dynamic pricing, traffic, and sort systems
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of work experience in analytical, consulting, technology, startup, banking, strategy, or other client-facing roles
- Bachelor’s degree from top-tier institution with a strong academic record in economics, math, statistics, engineering, business or related field is a plus (GPA >3.5 preferred)
- Proven record leading analytical, consulting, or other client-facing projects/teams
- Positive, people-oriented, and enthusiastic attitude
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems; knack for telling stories with data
- Excellent ability to collaborate and apply a cross-functional mindset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; Ability to learn quickly and transfer knowledge
- Excel ninja; Interest in learning SQL and leading analytical projects
- Interest in working hard, being challenged in a fast-paced environment, and having fun while doing it
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.Tag: ANLT