Tech Enablement Manager
Are you passionate about technology? Do you identify yourself as process-oriented? Would you love to be part of a rapidly growing company that is a leading eCommerce company in the world? If yes, keep reading about this exciting new sales leadership opportunity within Wayfair!
If you're unfamiliar with Wayfair- we are a rapidly growing eCommerce company headquartered in Boston’s Back Bay with an extremely collaborative, dynamic, and data-driven culture.
The B2C Sales & Service organization is experiencing explosive growth, driving the need to support our customers, ensuring exceptional service, and a positive shopping experience.
As a result, the B2C Sales Innovation team is a newly formed strategic department, supporting Wayfair’s inbound and outbound salesforce. The Inside Sales team is comprised of product experts and sales agents who help our B2C customers select and purchase more complex, design-heavy, or technically sophisticated products from our ever-expanding assortment. Our customer-centric sales teams are in Utah, Texas, New York, and Massachusetts, Ireland and Germany.
People, Process, and Technology are the 3 pillars of the Sales Innovation team.
In this new role, as the Technology Enablement Manager, you would provide the Sales team with the tools and skills necessary to increase sales and overall revenue growth. This is a critical opportunity with the primary goal of the successful development, implementation, and monitoring of enablement programs for both our Inbound and Outbound Sales Teams. As a driven leader, you will be challenged in this highly cross-functional role, working closely with Sales leadership, Product Management, Operations Management and Data Science to grow the B2C sales channel.
Example of Projects:
- The cornerstone of the B2C sales team is to use technology to enable better processes and procedures for our sales team. Currently, our sales agents must use multiple screens to answer questions and complete sales. The technology enablement team is working with our product partners on how to create a single “guide” that agents can leverage as they work through a sales call. The guide, will encompass customer information, selling guidance, product & promotion information and ways to help agents close a sale.
- The Sales Innovation team has built a tight partnership with data science, and is working towards building out a sophisticated set of models that drive how we segment and route customers, recognize more complex selling relationships and identify areas where we can apply this technology to better drive revenue and customer experience.
- Multi-Channel messaging is becoming a growing part of the sales business. A key project we are undertaking in the next few months is integrating chat and browser notification channels into our current phone experiences. We must identify, build and plan how we make all these new channels work as both standalone experiences as well as cross functional experiences that our customers will look to engage with us and buy.
- Interact with inbound and outbound sales teams on delivery success, process improvements and solving challenges
- Leverage Wayfair technology investments to optimize applications and Salesforce.com to develop global programs to support the sales team in driving profitable growth
- Partner with experts of the products to identify areas of opportunity
- Work with Category Managers to ensure alignment to marketing strategy
- Contribute to building the Sales Innovation department
- Convey innovative ideas that question status quo
- Develop ambiguous ideas, formulate the strategies, influence others, and execute to remedy complex problems
- Masters or MBA from top tier school desired with minimum 2 years management consulting experience.
- Minimum of 5 + years of progressive leadership experience managing teams, major projects, and business growth
- Management experience desired
- Proven track record of managing Sales team for eCommerce and/or technology company
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems
- A deep, technical understanding of technology concepts such as Cloud, Integration, SaaS and the Iterative App Development Lifecycle, using SCRUM and other Agile Methodologies.
- A demonstrated record of project management and driving results
- Ability to work independently and motivated to move beyond existing practices
- Creative thinking with customer focused mindset
- Excellent communication skills, collaborating with cross-functional team.
- Entrepreneurial spirit or prior experience in a high performance, fast-paced industry.
About Sales and Service at Wayfair
The Sales and Service team is responsible for using our knowledge of the customer to deliver exceptional service and positive shopping experiences across phone, chat, social media, and other customer engagement channels. Our footprint is global with teams in Utah, Texas, Maine, Massachusetts, Ireland, UK, and Germany. Sales and Service leadership team members are equal parts general manager and innovator. We write our own playbook for success and work cross functionally with everyone from Engineering and Product to Merchandising and Category Management. We pride ourselves on delivering world-class pre- and post-sales support while always raising the bar for ourselves and the industry.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.