Head of Inside Sales
Wayfair is looking for a Head of Inside Sales - Senior Manager with a track record of building great teams and developing high performing managers. The right candidate will have a strong sense of urgency and the ability to improve operational efficiency through process improvement. Other critical factors for this role include great problem-solving skills and the ability to think outside the box to resolve customer issues.
This role is responsible for the performance of both B2C and B2B Sales Teams, utilising a hands-on approach to ensure consistent and effective delivery of account management and sales activities. The person in charge of the sales function will have specific experience selling over the phone to customers in the UK market.
There will be a high element of Customer Service management and preferably, you will have managed and coached individuals in a high volume, high growth environment. There is a combination of both inbound and outbound call activity and it is necessary for you to have a good understanding of KPIs for each respective channel and how to drive and leverage performance effectively.
In this role you will be a member of the EU Sales & Service management team and will work closely with business partners in all European offices, Galway, London, Berlin as well as with counterparts in the US.
Process improvements and operations focus will be vital skills to have in addition to be successful in this role.
- Develop, manage, and coach a team of up to 20+ B2C Sales Consultants and B2B Account Managers at varying skill levels.
- Review the performance of staff and identifying training needs to close performance gaps
- Ensure that appropriate resources are available to meet changing sales requirements and meet performance and revenue objectives
- Determine appropriate business policies, manage risks and resolve employee issues
- Analyze team performance and sales trends, to drive improvements in KPIs and close performance gaps.
- Conducts side-by-side observations and quality assurance (call monitoring) reviews.
- Coaches and develops agents in soft skills and selling techniques.
- Responds in a professional and courteous manner to escalated customer service inquiries, requests or complaints to reach an effective resolution.
- Effectively interview and recommend candidates for hire.
- Coordinate and implement bonuses, reward and recognition programmes to drive individual and team performance.
- Actively participate in the identification, interviewing and recommendation of candidates to join the team
- Take corrective action to manage performance as appropriate.
- 5+ years of sales management experience, with proven leadership track record and verifiable history of managing managers of successful, high volume teams.
- 5+ years of experience in call centers with 100+ employees.
- 3-5 years of successful sales experience in a commissioned environment preferred
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and “roll up your sleeves” – this role is very “hands on”
- Proven coaching skills that can impact both front-line agents and develop supervisors
- College degree or equivalent experience (i.e. 5+ years industry experience in lieu of degree)
- Strong Internet / PC skills – comfortable and proficient in a technology-driven business
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
- Supervisory/leadership experience, preferably in an inbound/outbound sales and service operation
- Excellent problem-solver with a proven track record of driving results
- A competitive spirit and drive to succeed
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Flexibility with schedule
- Proven ability to close performance gaps
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Established track record of success
- Self-motivated, disciplined, and goal-oriented
What Wayfair Offers to our Employees:
- Health insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gym Membership contribution
- Monthly Team outings
- Employee Purchase Discounts
- Bus Saver Ticket scheme
- Training Programs for continued career education
- Paid Volunteering Day
- And last but not least- free snacks!
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
Note: WAYFAIR is committed to an environment that provides equal employment opportunities to all employees, and qualified candidates, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability.
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.