Android App QA Automation Engineer
Wayfair is looking for an experienced Engineer that can drive the automation of testing our Android App to enable our team to move fast while ensuring the quality of the Application for our users. Utilize your knowledge to design, develop, launch, maintain, and train people on a solution for testing our Android Apps across brands, countries, and languages inside our Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment pipeline. You will be working with the Android Team as well as Product, Full-Stack, Site Reliability, NOC, and DevOps with the possibility of expanding beyond Android to include iOS and other platforms.
This role will cover both short-term implementation and long-term planning in order to create a robust and flexible platform for everyone to contribute to the stability of the App and the speed of development. This role could expand to lead a team of QA Automation Engineers that are focused on bring these solutions to multiple platforms.
The Android App, a 2018 Webby Award Winner for Best Shopping App and People’s Voice (Shopping), has been downloaded by 5 million Android Users in US, Canada, Germany, and the UK that enables access to 7 million products across 5 distinct stores. With 1 million Monthly Active Users and 40 million Monthly Screen Views these applications have generated $100 million in revenue in 2017 and are experiencing massive growth year over year.
What you bring to the table
- Strong debugging and problem solving skills
- Sense of humor and a love of mobile technologies
- Great communication skills and a genuine team orientation
- The ability and desire to mentor and train others
- Self-motivation to drive projects to completion
- Ability to work cross-functionally
Ideal Candidate has experience with most of the following
- Software Development with a focus on Android UI Tests
- Creating and maintaining Espresso Tests
- Working with CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, Travis, etc)
- A familiarity with Android Emulators and Device Clouds (Firebase, SauceLabs, etc)
- A familiarity with Git
- 2-3 years of professional experience as a QA Automation Engineer
About Wayfair’s Android QA Team
- The Android QA Team is a collaborative, inclusive group that loves to find new, unique ways to break things! Our goal is to work together as a department to optimize our e-commerce application and our development processes. We are always looking for members with new perspectives to help drive better quality in the lives of our developers, and our users.
***This is an on-site opportunity and not freelance, contract, telecommuting***
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.