Manager, Supply Chain Analytics - Forecasting & Capacity Modeling
The Supply Chain Analytics team is looking to add a Supply Chain Analytics Manager to their Forecasting & Capacity Modeling group! This person will apply quantitative skills to answer critical strategic business questions and support operational initiatives.
Who we are: The supply chain analytics teams are groups of internal consultants that seek to improve operational efficiency by building quantitative models. They serve as the go-to source for analytics needs for the Wayfair Operations team: from Transportation & Logistics to Warehouse Operations & Inventory Positioning.
What you will do:
- Partner with various business stakeholders to identify key factors and requirements for each project, and get buy-in for project methodology
- Scope high-level business problems into more specific questions which can then be answered by data-driven analysis
- Present insights and recommendations clearly to the leadership team to drive business strategy
- Contribute to big data analysis using SQL, Python, R, and other software applications
- Building statistical forecasts of Wayfair orders by product category. These models drive millions of dollars of real estate and capital investment decisions for our warehouses, cross-docks, and other Wayfair-operated facilities.
- Combining time series forecasts, business forecasts, and planned changes to our supply chain network to guide capacity planning, including expansion to new markets.
- Creating an event simulation to identify capacity constraints under various scenarios. Identify cost-effective solutions for relieving those constraints.
Who you are:
- You have at least 3+ years of experience in an analytical/consulting role, preferably with supply chain or logistics experience
- You have at least 1 year of experience executing on projects and presenting business cases to senior leadership
- You have a master’s degree or higher in Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Physics, or other concentrations with heavy quantitative focus strongly preferred
- You possess strong written and verbal cross-functional communication skills
- You are passionate about solving complex business problems
- You are positive, people-oriented, and enthusiastic, and can easily work with others, regardless of their analytical proficiency or technical competency
- You are exceptionally strong at using Microsoft Excel, including pivot tables and pivot charts
- You write complex scripts in SQL to query both analytical and transactional databases
- You may have written scripts in Python, R, or other languages used by data scientists
What we offer:
- Fun and collaborative work environment
- Limitless career growth
- Free snacks
- Casual dress code
- Paid time off
- Health/wellness programs
- Matching 401K
- Monthly team outings
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
*** This position is ONLY for on-site in our Boston, MA headquarters ***
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.Tag: ANLT-OA