Senior Analyst, B2C Sales Strategy
Wayfair is seeking a relentlessly curious, solutions-oriented Senior Analyst to join our rapidly growing B2C Sales Strategy and Analytics team. We rely on this team to provide the thought leadership and analytic rigor needed to drive our rapidly scaling inside sales channel.
Wayfair’s inside sales team is comprised of product experts and sales agents who help our B2C customers select and purchase more complex, design-heavy, or technically sophisticated products from our ever-expanding assortment. The Strategy and Analytics team is responsible for developing and executing on both business and operational strategies that generate exponential revenue growth and improvements in sales efficiency and customer experience.
The team is highly cross-functional, working closely with Sales leaders and partners in Data Science, Category, Brand, Product Management, Marketing, and Storefront to grow the B2C sales channel.
About the role:
In this new highly technical role, you will be a key contributor. Each Senior Business Analyst is aligned with one or more teams within B2C Sales, and partners with those teams to help them achieve their goals. Whether you’re measuring operational performance, aggregating salesforce data, analyzing customer behavior and trends, data mining, or optimizing SQL queries, you will be working with cutting edge technology and multi-terabyte datasets.
This team will think critically to tackle complex challenges, thrive in a fast-paced environment and are seeking a high-growth opportunity. There are significant growth opportunities for new Sales Strategy and Analytics team members to emerge as leaders, taking on additional projects and responsibilities with strong performance.
- Apply data findings to extract insights
- Solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems with deep customer focus, applying advanced analytical methods as needed.
- Wrangle data from multiple sources including sales, product, and customer databases to create insights used to drive decision-making
- Work with several large and complex databases
- Collaborate cross-functionally to prioritize ad-hoc requests and project plans.
- Present business cases to senior leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical discipline such as: Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Economics, Business or Finance.
- Post-graduate work in related field preferred
- Prior management consulting experience or internship is a plus.
- Strong analytical background extracting insights and operating with large data sets to identify trends and actionable takeaways
- Proficiency in Excel & SQL required, or other data processing and analytics tools preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, collaborating with cross-functional team.
- Entrepreneurial spirit or prior experience in a high performance, fast-paced industry.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.Tag: SLS