Manager, Accounts Payable
Wayfair’s Finance group is looking for an Accounts Payable Manager to join our team! This role will reside on the financial reporting team within the Wayfair Finance Department. This position has a significant interplay with financial reporting. This is a fast scaling position and will be able to offer a lot of career progression at a growing public company. This is a dynamic role and offers exposure to many areas of accounting and finance.
The financial reporting team is responsible for the preparation of our financial statements and ensures they are in compliance with GAAP. Members of this team work closely with various other teams and departments to properly report the consolidated balance sheets and income statement to management monthly as well as public filings quarterly and annually.
- Leads the team in problem solving, troubleshooting and process improvement efforts, collaborating with other teams and key stakeholders as necessary;
- Manage team of 4 analysts as well as offshore resources through, direction, and ongoing communication, matching capabilities with work assignments
- Maintain/Improve processes surrounding receipt of invoice flow.
- Become expert in homegrown purchase ordering system. Improve process and reporting in purchase ordering system
- Expedite vendor flow of invoices and ensure missing invoices are properly accounted for.
- Work with members of our engineering team to maintain the integrity of our purchase order tool. Ensure it is adhering to internal control policies, while also functioning properly for end users
- Perform special projects as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Bachelor’s degree; Accounting preferred
- Energetic, proactive, and able to multi-task and thrive in a high energy and fast paced environment.
- Team oriented
- 1-3 years of applicable AP supervisory experience, preferably in a large publicly traded Company
- Ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures and adapt local practices to global standards
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Netsuite a plus!