Associate Director, Site Reliability Engineering
Boston, MA, United States
Wayfair is a leader in the ecommerce space for all things home. We live and breathe modern technologies. We are a “move fast break things, re-think old standards” team with a startup feel and continuous deployment.
We’re looking for smart, logical thinkers who produce and advocate for performant, scalable designs. We are as much concerned about thought leadership, community involvement, and the ever-changing DevOps landscape as we are with technical skills!
On the Site Reliability Engineering team as a Associate Director of SRE you’ll have tons of opportunities to flex your strengths as well as learn new things while directly assisting our internal customers. We contribute to (and create) bleeding edge open source projects and continuously push the envelope to explore the future of ecommerce and distributed infrastructure systems.
What the Wayfair Site Reliability Engineering team does:
- Writes clean, high-performance, and well tested, infrastructure code with a focus on reusability. (Python, GoLang, Powershell, Puppet, Salt)
- Create and maintain detailed documentation
- Establish, maintain, and adhere to Wayfair technical standards, policies, and procedures
- Automate, Automate, Automate!
- Manage, monitor, and troubleshoot daily processes and make improvements to current processes
- Recommend and implement infrastructure best practices in alignment with standard SRE principles and provide guidance on system performance and throughput expectations.
What the Associate Director SRE role entails:
- 10+ years managing and growing team of engineers and mentoring managers
- Identifying resource gaps and lead architecture/technical discussions within company
- Previous experience as an engineer/software developer/infrastructure admin
- Full understanding of Agile practices/Kanban/Scrum velocity methodologies
- Ability to deliver multiple projects simultaneously, balance workload/resources
You ideally have:
- 5+ years of primarily Devops/SRE engineer experience
- Experience with IaaS and PaaS architecture and rollout
- Experience with modern Devops practices (CI, CD, Microservices, Containers)
- Excited about removing repetitive tasks for automation and scalability
- Excited about keeping up to date with the latest industry technologies
- Able to engage in high-level client-side architecture discussions
- Experience with performance tuning
- Advanced Operating System Skills (Windows / Linux)
- Experience in one or more programing languages used in infrastructure - Ruby, PHP, Python, GO, etc as well as familiarity with version control such as Git/SVN)
- Experience working on cloud platforms such as GCP or AWS
- Experience working with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible
- BA/BS degree from a 4-year college or university
Nice to haves:
- An active GitHub account
- Attend Devops/SRE meetups
- NoSQL and Caching exposure
- Experience/Knowledge of Kubernetes
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.Tag: ENGR-INFR