You will negotiate favorable business terms on costs of goods sold (drop-ship and stocking), seek alternative product sourcing strategies to drive better product economics, develop and manage supplier relationships, drive results and own the business/financial analytics for your suppliers. You’ll plan promotions and marketing programs with your suppliers. You will be a self-starter with passion for your category, and a creative problem solver. You’ll know your competitors up and down, and focus on how we can take market share from them. You’ll get great general management experience in e-commerce, negotiations, marketing, merchandising, data analytics, financial analysis, supply chain, inventory planning and beyond. You’ll develop world class dinner survival skills in hot spots like Las Vegas, Chicago, and Orlando. Category Management alumni maintain leadership roles across the Category Management, International (UK, Germany, Canada), Brand, Business Development, AllModern, Inventory Planning, Storefront, Joss & Main, Catalogue Improvement and Media Sales teams.
- Drive strategic supplier relationship management
- Execute high volume of negotiations with existing suppliers including everyday pricing, warehouse stock programs, annual incentive programs, advertising programs and promotions
- Conduct regular meetings and calls with suppliers to review the business and advance Wayfair business goals
- Secure promotions: support Wayfair marketing campaign strategy by sourcing relevant promotions
- Travel to trade shows with Category Manager and Director of Category Management (4-6 trips per year)
- Analyze data to strategize profit growth opportunities for the category and suppliers
- Advance catalogue expansion, including identifying selection gaps, prioritizing new line queue and building direct relationships with key suppliers to bring on board
- Analyze competitors’ marketing, selection and pricing and make strategic changes and product scouting as needed
- Identity merchandising opportunities for your category and collaborate with central merchandising to strategize and prioritize needed
- Collaborate across departments to drive category goals (Inventory Planning, Advertising, Site Merchandising, Supplier Operations, PR, Customer Service, Business Intelligence)
- 0-3 years in e-commerce, retail merchandising or buisness setting with related experience
- A strong desire to win and drive independent collaboration with relative cross-functional teams/individuals
- Hungry to produce and execute against an array of initiatives
- Interest in developing negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Creative and innovative problem-solving skills - dissect and determine root causes of problems and implement solutions
- Ability to “hit the ground running” – a self-starter
- Professional, bright, and customer-focused
- Sense of humor/great attitude
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.