Senior Software Engineer, Pricing Data Preparation & Intelligence
Wayfair's Pricing & Profitability Engineering team develops algorithms and tools to optimize and manage profit, revenue, and price perception. Within the Data Preparation & Intelligence space, we collect, manage, and create all of the data required to generate prices and make adjustments to profitability. As an engineer, you’ll collaborate with our Competitive Intelligence and Margin business units to craft efficient systems which enable our dynamic pricing algorithms.
Recent Data Preparation & Intelligence Projects:
- Proprietary web scraper to pull hundreds of millions of competitor prices per week
- Rapid shipping estimation service and algorithm
- Normalized data mart of all order, costs, and revenue valuations
What Your First Month Would Be Like:
- Writing thoughtful and performant SQL, C#, and Python code
- Deep dive into data domain, with a focus on gathering Competitive Intelligence
- Enhancing data collection and normalization service
What Your First Year Would Be like:
- Build new systems for gathering and analyzing Competitors’ data
- Create analytical and reporting tools to expose margin and cost data to Merchandising and Algorithms teams
- Improving resilience and performance of systems ahead of new features
Why This Job Might Be For You:
- You care about technology, but you don’t care about it for its own sake. You’re not married to specific tools. You’re comfortable moving up and down the stack to solve problems.
- You care about data. You enjoy gathering and massaging data to tell a compelling story
- You find game theory fascinating and enjoy battling with clever competitors to gain an advantage
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.Tag: ENGR-PPS2