Manager, SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting
Coordinate and prepare all SEC filings, including 10-Ks, 10-Qs, and 8-Ks. Perform technical accounting research as necessary and determine appropriate accounting treatment. Manage and review the accounting for employee equity programs and payroll. Assist with Sarbanes-Oxley ongoing compliance, including updating policies and procedures to enhance the control environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure the Company’s SEC filings are of the highest standards of quality, GAAP-compliant, and useful to management and the investing public.
- Manage quarterly and annual process for filing the Forms 10-Q and 10-K adhering to strict timelines, including drafting and filing financial statements and footnote disclosures and coordinating review by management, legal counsel, and independent accountants.
- Prepare review and file other periodic SEC documents, including, but not limited to Forms 8-K, and DEF 14A.
- Maintain external reporting calendar including scheduling and coordination of independent auditors.
- Coordinate with Investor Relations to prepare earnings releases, including pro forma results, as well as investor presentations.
- Manage communications with external auditors on financial reporting, control environment, and key accounting decisions.
- Research accounting and reporting guidance including evaluating the impact of new guidance on the Company’s financial statements and implementing new accounting standards, as required.
- Identify sustainable strategic improvements, suggest corrective actions, coordinate implementation, and track efficiencies achieved.
- Assist with the ongoing compliance of Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Identify process improvements and assist in the implementation of related processes, policies and procedures to enhance the control environment.
- Prepare necessary calculations for equity based compensation accounting and equity disclosures.
- Review of certain payroll related month end accrual calculations.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. /B.S.) or equivalent in accounting or related discipline. Masters Degree in Accounting or Business Administration is beneficial.
- 4 – 6 years of related experience, including at least 3 years in a Big 4 accounting firm.
- Strong understanding of GAAP, FASB codification and pronouncements, and SEC reporting requirements, as well as ability to clearly and concisely document and effectively communicate complex accounting and reporting issues.
- Experience with stock-based compensation accounting.
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail, demonstrated integrity and professionalism.
- Certification/Licensure: CPA strongly preferred