Software Quality Automation Leader
The Software Quality Automation team owns the platforms and integrations that make automated software quality assurance possible at scale. From unit and integration testing to browser and mobile device testing, our >800 software engineers rely on feedback from these systems to rapidly iterate on solutions to the tough problems we’re solving every day.
As the leader of this team, you will not only own and operate automated testing systems at scale across multiple languages and build/release platforms, but also partner with engineering teams to spread knowledge and best practices, develop and communicate solutions to common problems, and create durable automatic feedback cycles that create self-sustaining testing ecosystems.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Identify and implement best practices at massive scale, understanding that what is right for other companies may not be right for Wayfair, and achieving consensus at each step.
- Demonstrate an affinity for creating strategies and executing against them, knowing when to adjust course.
- Lead and mentor a team both technically and for career growth.
- Constantly challenge the tools you personally use.
What experience will you leverage to be successful?
- At least 5 years of experience leading and managing software development teams with both junior and senior members
- Ability to quickly solve or seek the solution to any problem in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Experience with most of the following:
- Unit testing in scripted and compiled languages (for example, PHP, Python, .NET, Java)
- Integration (“API,” “end-to-end,” and other variants) testing
- Containers (Docker a plus)
- GitHub or GitLab, TravisCI or Jenkins
About the Development Platforms group:
Our goal is to make software development at Wayfair a delightful experience. This team impacts more than 800 engineers company-wide and maintains relationships with dozens of engineering teams. We work to build tools, systems, and automation to eliminate toil, make quality the default, and scale development activities to keep pace with our rapidly growing teams across the Engineering department.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Tag: ENGR