Software QA Tester
Wayfair is currently seeking Software QA Engineers to join us to help improve all aspects of e-commerce websites. Our team is expanding and is an integral part of our software development cycle. Our methods are collaborative, our group is inclusive, and our minds are exploratory. We encourage skill building, knowledge sharing, and professional growth. Above all: We love breaking things!!!
You will be responsible for advocating for the quality and usability of the websites UI, be a strong partner to our Business and Engineering stakeholders, and help Wayfair customize its systems to deliver on our customer experience. Example teams that this person will provide testing for are Homepage, Navigations, Shop the Look, Media, and WayUp. Our ideal engineer has a background testing UI and fast iteration in an agile environment.
What you’ll do:
- Define, compose, and evaluate test plans
- Work with growing QA teams to implement new processes
- Propose design improvements and advocate for our end users
- Be a quality advocate for the software / teams throughout the product life cycle
- Work with Business and Engineering stakeholders in our collaborative culture
- Creatively try to break our website, via hands-on and scripted testing, before our customers
- A sense of humor
- Enjoy breaking things
- A desire to learn in a constantly evolving environment
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Enjoy working in a collaborative, fast-moving culture
- Familiarity and passion for browser technology
An ideal candidate will have:
- 2+ years of experience in a Quality Engineering, or similar, role with the ability to do both manual and automation testing
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Proficiency with test case management and test design.
- Codeception \ Selenium or any other UI automation tool knowledge.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Collaboration with peers
- Familiarity with Chrome Development tools
- Be strongly motivated to apply technical skills to solve tough problems with automation.
- Passionate about implementing best practices in testing.
- A strong attention to detail, ability to prioritize tasks and work autonomously.
- Adaptive personality and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.