Head of Product Design - International (m/f)
Executing interactive design and informing visual design as part of a multi-disciplinary team, our perfect candidate researches UX design trends and lives and breathes e-commerce best practices. At the end of the day, we want natural shoppers with the ability to dive into the customer mindset.
About the Team:
If you think this sounds like you, submit your résumé, a cover letter and a portfolio or other samples to show us how you work.
Your bring the following:
- UX and UI design experience for consumers and consumer brands
- Experience with leading & coaching a team of designers
- Interaction Design experience
- Knowledge of modern design and typographic principles and experience with the most common design tools like Sketch (including plugins), Invision and the Adobe CC Suite as well as basic knowledge of animations.
- Unfailing advocacy for the user. This should be demonstrated in concepts, user flows, wireframes, and features that work across devices to produce a seamless user experience
- Prototyping skills that can be used for frictionless user testing
- A history in user testing and their analysis
- Good communication skills (written, visual and verbal) to present and explain design decisions to non-designers
- A diplomatic, collaborative, self-motivated and inspirational personality
- Fluent in English, basic German skills (French is a plus)
- A strong portfolio that includes e-commerce work, mobile wireframes, or comps, and demonstrates strategic thinking
Bonus points if you also have:
- eCommerce Experience
- Design degree, equivalent qualification or industry experience
- Lead the Product Design team for Wayfair International Stores on desktop, mobile web and iOS and Android apps
- Act as EU ambassador and point of contact to the US Product Design team and actively drive collaboration to unify all experiences
- Produce fully annotated wireframes and functional specifications
- Make interaction recommendations based on existing Wayfair UX design standards and industry best practices
- Collaborate directly with product managers, developers and front-end engineers to ensure all projects are built, tested, iterated and completed within their specifications
- Liaise closely with stakeholders and operate as an thought leader & advisor to reach the best outcome for the product matter
- Define the user experience for new and existing features from the first idea to a finished product
- Develop design principles and patterns to improve the appearance and experience of our products
- Lead cross-functional and global design reviews for all necessary deliverables<span
And finally, our proposition to you!
- Of course the usual competitive salary, bonus and we share the company with you in stock units
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- The opportunity to work cross-functionally and closely with senior leadership not only in the Berlin office, but also with Boston, London and Galway
- We offer a vast selection of classes through our learn@work program to enhance your professional and personal development.
- We want you to connect with your team and fellow colleagues through regular social events
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points with a superior customer service and inspiring interior topics. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Always committed to using technology to create a superior shopping experience, Wayfair developed Wayfair Next which concentrates on 3D visualization technology.