Associate Director (m/f) - Warehouse Management System
Fulfillment technology is fundamental in creating an online purchase experience that delights our customers with rapid home delivery. Come be a part of creating cutting edge operational technology for our customers. If you're passionate in creating scalable fulfillment systems that will drive our business and elevate customer, supplier, and employee experiences, we are looking for you to join our Operations Product Innovation team and help lead our Warehousing & CastleGate product initiatives.
You must be able to gain insights from data and create a strategy that will improve the operational software that enables Wayfair to achieve its business goals. You will lead a team of product managers and oversee the execution of the technology roadmap for the Warehousing Systems, Distribution Network or CastleGate platform. You will be responsible for developing ideas for new tools and enhancements, and ensuring that we’re pushing the bounds of creativity and innovation, consistently executing at a high level. You will work cross functionally with senior management, making appropriate product-related tradeoffs across brands, and measuring success of the team’s initiatives.
You will manage the end-to-end project management life-cycle for technically complex strategies, from ideation and requirements gathering to prioritization, implementation, and post-launch support. Working with developers and stakeholders across the organization, this Associate Director would also help craft the long-term vision for platform technology products and help scale important customer-facing programs driven by these products.
What you will do:
- Become a deep expert in the technology that drives fulfillment and distribution operations and learn enough about related platforms to know which teams need to be consulted or involved in projects.
- Develop a relationship with operational teams and act as their liaison to the operational technology platforms, eliminating the need for them to have to navigate increasingly large and specialized product and engineering teams
- Act as both business architect and program manager for large cross-functional initiatives, starting from eliciting requirements, facilitating cross-functional design sessions, lobbying for required resources, and acting as the “PM of PM’s” for the initiative.
- Align stakeholders, report on progress, oversee implementation and own the overall solution for multiple initiatives
- Develop and manage the product roadmap for your team, in partnership with business stakeholders and engineering
- Lead your product teams to manage sprint prioritization and tradeoff decisions for teams of dedicated engineers
- Help fashion detailed user stories and requirements for product initiatives, and assist a cross functional team of designers and engineers to bring them to life
- Monitor and report on the success of the initiative to executive sponsors
- This is not a primarily project management role. It requires strong technical, analytical and troubleshooting skills, as well as strong operational & business sense to evolve product
- Anticipate operational and technical issues, assess scope, understand cross-platform impacts
- Ensure that the solution being built is robust, flexible, and scalable
- Develop talent within the organization, mentor and develop a team of product managers and associates
- Drive automation of manual operations tasks
- Large Appliance warehouse fulfillment and distribution
- Cross border cross-dock distribution and order fulfillment
- Creation and offering of large-scale value added services to suppliers
- Small parcel zone skipping outbound sortation capabilities
- Physical clearance centers
- Arranging consolidated deliveries for B2B, registry or trade customers
- Extensive experience in product management or design and implementation of operational systems
- Experience successfully managing and developing highly effective teams
- MBA Preferred with demonstrated academic achievement
- Analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Excellent facilitation skills, demonstrated experience in resolving ambiguity
- Proven track record working with complex process and technology needs from vision and strategy through implementation
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Technical background, or technical orientation, consulting background a plus
- Strong cross functional leadership experience
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for customer focused innovation
- Extensive experience working with Excel is required
- Proficient and comfortable with SQL
- Ability to travel to warehouse and distribution sites as needed
- Ability to manage through ambiguity, adversity and conflict to establish focus and deliver against business goals
- A competitive salary, bonus and an attractive stock package
- We are listed on the NYSE since 2014<span
- A fast paced and agile working environment
- A real opportunity to make an impact, to test and build things in an entrepreneurial organization
- A company culture where we care about your work-life balance and offer you unlimited paid vacation time. Progression at Wayfair is based on results not on hours spent in the office.<span
- Regular collaboration with senior leadership globally
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.