Training Manager - Home Delivery Operations
Wayfair is redefining the way customers buy online and one of the key pillars of that strategy is to create a truly differentiated customer experience for large parcel items (e.g., couches, vanities). To enable this differentiated experience, Wayfair is investing heavily to create the first-ever national large parcel supply chain all the way to the consumer’s home. This is an exciting, fast-paced, and high-visibility initiative and we are looking for candidates who can help disrupt the status quo and redefine an industry.
The Training Manager - Large Parcel Home Delivery Operations will play a key role in developing and rolling out training across our 3rd Party delivery network across the US. This candidate will leverage our asset-based final mile curriculum and best practices to train and develop our external partners. In the early days this role will be largely focused on developing the training program and once developed the role will involve travel across multiple sites to train drivers, customer service staff, supervisor.
This candidate must be able to thrive in an extremely fast-paced environment with Wayfair growing at an unprecedented 50% year over year.
Role / responsibilities:
- Lead, develop, execute training to all levels within the organization and to our trusted partners.
- Work with Carrier Procurement and Legal to ensure 3rd party training is compliant.
- Develop curriculum of courses working with Performance Managers, Training Specialists & Coordinators to execute as needed
- Leverage current materials and best practices to implement in our 3rd party network
- Deliver against an agenda to continuously improve performance
- Dive into current operations and metrics to understand best practices and root causes of inefficiencies
- Leverage internal and external sources to innovate and drive change and consistency in our operations
- Identify, drive, and measure key initiatives to ensure we hit goals
- Pilot and train on new tools to both the 3rd party and asset based operation and make recommendations for improvements based on your everyday experience.
- Collaborate with a group of trainers to review current operations, develop recommendations, and deliver on roadmap
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure logistics operating procedures are known and followed in both 3rd party and asset-based operations
- Travel ~75% of time is anticipated
Here are some of your traits and skills:
- Detail-oriented and organized – you live for filing cabinets and binders and Excel tables
- Natural-born communicator – you’re always the one to speak up, and you find that you’re always the one to teach your friends and family how to do new things
- Flexible and quick on your feet – you always have ideas to share, no matter the topic
- Networking extraordinaire – your friends wonder how you know someone everywhere you go, and you wonder why they always make you introduce yourself first
- Self-starter – you set goals and go after them passionately
- Rapid decision-maker – you have no problem making decisions quickly and confidently
- Analytical thinker – you’re good with numbers, which might be why you’re always the one to split the bill at dinner
- Microsoft Office Expert – you’re always being asked, “How did you do that?” when you’re working in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, and Excel)
Here are the nice-to-haves:
- Project Management
- Organizational Development
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Warehousing/Logistics Operations
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.