Assistant Category Manager
Wayfair is looking for a talented, Assistant Category Manager to help us profitably grow our business in the UK.
In this role, you will work with external partners and internal cross-functional teams to advance your category’s business agenda. You will have true ownership over a group of suppliers and the strategy of one category which will have a material impact to the business.
You will develop and drive category strategy while negotiating favourable business terms on costs of goods sold (drop-ship and stocking), seek alternative product sourcing strategies to drive better product economics, develop and manage supplier relationships, drive results and own the business/financial analytics for your suppliers.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and manage strategy for one category
- Manage a portfolio of suppliers within your category
- Drive strategic supplier relationship management
- Sales and activity analysis
- Execute high volume of negotiations with existing suppliers including everyday pricing, annual incentive programs, advertising programs and promotions
- Conduct regular meetings and calls with suppliers to review the business and advance Wayfair business goals
- Travel to trade shows with Senior Category Manager and Director of Category Management (2-4 trips per year)
- Analyse data to strategise profit growth opportunities for the category and suppliers
- Plan promotions and marketing programs with your suppliers.
- Advance catalogue expansion, including identifying selection gaps, prioritizing new line queue and building direct relationships with key suppliers to bring on board
- Analyse competitors’ marketing, selection and pricing and make strategic changes and product scouting as needed
- Identify merchandising opportunities for your category and collaborate with central merchandising to strategize and prioritize needed
- Collaborate across departments to drive category goals (Inventory Planning, Advertising, Site Merchandising, Supplier Operations, PR, Customer Service, Business Intelligence)
What You Have:
- A strong track record of professional success (ideally from ecommerce, consulting or a similar industry)
- Graduate from a business related degree
- A strong desire to win and drive independent collaboration with relative cross-functional teams/individuals
- Hungry to produce and execute against an array of initiatives
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Creative and innovative problem solving skills - dissect and determine root cause of problems and implement solutions
What We Offer:
- A dynamic, energetic work environment
- A great opportunity to learn about e-commerce from a global top 50 e-retailer.
- Great location in central London
- Private medical, dental insurance, pension, Gym membership discounts, interest-free travel season ticket loan, team pod outings, and more!
- Fresh fruits, snacks, refreshments and beer Fridays
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points with a superior customer service and inspiring interior topics. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Always committed to using technology to create a superior shopping experience, Wayfair developed Wayfair Next which concentrates on 3D visualization technology.
Wayfair generated $4.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 6,800 people.Tag: CMGMT